Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54
Like Tree5Likes
  1. #1  
    budmonster
    budmonster's Avatar
    Guest

    Red face SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix

    I know a lot of people found that Volume + fixed there speaker/notification/ringtone volume problem. For me Volume+ didn't work and also for a few others. I saw this over on XDA, Equalizer from SA Labs. You can find it in the Market here:

    Here are the settings this user recommended, I tried them myself and volume on my phone is actually set to what it should have been in the first place. I didn't see this on here, tried searching. Maybe it can help someone else, good luck.

    SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix-xda.jpg

    XDA thread:
    Thanked by 14:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
  2. #2  
    oxymoron's Avatar
    It's been real...

    Posts
    1,428 Posts

    Default

    Thanks man. I like this better than Volume+

    *customized tapatalk signature*
  3. #3  
    JoeUserTX's Avatar

    Posts
    373 Posts
    ROM
    4.0.2

    Default Re: SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix

    Yeah, I didn't get much from Volume+ on mine, other than the speaker sounding like it's being overdriven.

    Thanks, I'll give SA Labs a try!
  4. #4  
    cosmo36's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    ROM
    ED01

    Default Re: SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix

    Thanks, Budmonster! Volume+ had zero effect on any of my volumes. SA Labs Equalizer made the speaker volume sound 2x louder. Great find.
  5. #5  
    radgatt's Avatar

    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix

    I will try this when i get off work
    droidnitup likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix

    Works a lot better.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix

    Works WAY better than Volume+. I think Volume+ Just has a placebo affect. You can definitely hear a difference with this app. The suggested settings are a bit high for my taste and seem to distort the sound. I have all first 5 levels at 10.0 db and the bass boost at 25% as suggested and it seems to be a lot louder without the speaker distortion. I just hope this doesn't cause the speaker to blow.

    *EDIT* After playing with the app for a few minutes I have a question. Why does it not work unless I have Volume+ installed? I installed Volume+ first. Then this app and set it up. After uninstalling Volume+ the app stopped increasing the volume. Once I reinstalled Volume+ it began working again.
    Last edited by CynicalDreams81; 12-27-2011 at 01:30 PM.
    **Droid does!**
  8. #8  
    oxymoron's Avatar
    It's been real...

    Posts
    1,428 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDreams81 View Post
    Works WAY better than Volume+. I think Volume+ Just has a placebo affect. You can definitely hear a difference with this app. The suggested settings are a bit high for my taste and seem to distort the sound. I have all first 5 levels at 10.0 db and the bass boost at 25% as suggested and it seems to be a lot louder without the speaker distortion. I just hope this doesn't cause the speaker to blow.

    *EDIT* After playing with the app for a few minutes I have a question. Why does it not work unless I have Volume+ installed? I installed Volume+ first. Then this app and set it up. After uninstalling Volume+ the app stopped increasing the volume. Once I reinstalled Volume+ it began working again.
    I've also set everything to 10.0db when I first set it up. Great minds think alike, eh?

    I uninstalled Volume+ before installing this, and haven't had any issues. Try to uninstall both, and reinstall Equalizer.

    *customized tapatalk signature*
  9. #9  

    Default Re: SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix

    Thanks a ton this is awesome!
  10. #10  

    Default

    Anyone running this for a few days can comment on battery usage? Since it's running constantly in the background.

    On a side note this worked much better than volume + for me, as others have suggested.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  11. #11  

    Default Re: SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix

    I tried uninstalling both and reinstalling the Equalizer but I still had the same affect. I know that when I first installed Volume+ it said that it had to run something with the volume to make it work and seemed to over take a setting in the phone itself. I think that may be the problem and why it's not working without both installed.
    **Droid does!**
  12. #12  

    Default Re: SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix

    Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDreams81 View Post
    I tried uninstalling both and reinstalling the Equalizer but I still had the same affect. I know that when I first installed Volume+ it said that it had to run something with the volume to make it work and seemed to over take a setting in the phone itself. I think that may be the problem and why it's not working without both installed.
    Are you going into the menu and hitting store before you leave the app? If you just back out of the app after setting it up it drops all the settings and reverts back to 0db.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix

    Yes I selected it to store the settings.
  14. #14  
    xweb10's Avatar

    Posts
    270 Posts
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    ROM
    CNA

    Default Re: SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix

    It looks like if you close the app the volume goes back down. Does this help speaker phone volume, too?
  15. #15  
    TWISM's Avatar

    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    515 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly 'Beans', Stock

    Default Re: SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix

    Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDreams81 View Post
    Works WAY better than Volume+. I think Volume+ Just has a placebo affect. You can definitely hear a difference with this app. The suggested settings are a bit high for my taste and seem to distort the sound. I have all first 5 levels at 10.0 db and the bass boost at 25% as suggested and it seems to be a lot louder without the speaker distortion. I just hope this doesn't cause the speaker to blow.

    *EDIT* After playing with the app for a few minutes I have a question. Why does it not work unless I have Volume+ installed? I installed Volume+ first. Then this app and set it up. After uninstalling Volume+ the app stopped increasing the volume. Once I reinstalled Volume+ it began working again.
    Just a heads up on Volume+, I have a db meter and it definitively increases the db level by +3 or whatever you set it to. Not saying it works for everyone but I confirmed it on mine.
  16. #16  
    SSHGuru's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    667 Posts
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Lithium

    Default Re: SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix

    You have to set it and go to settings and store it and don't back out - hit home.

    Fixes all the sound issues!
  17. #17  
    SSHGuru's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    667 Posts
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Lithium

    Default Re: SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix

    I find 15 is too high for music. 10 is probably better. Video's are still a bit soft.
  18. #18  
    Jeff43's Avatar

    Posts
    269 Posts
    ROM
    given up keeping track

    Default Re: SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix

    Great find, This seems to work alot better for me.

    I also find that setting it at 10-11, with 25% bass, sounds the best to me.
  19. #19  
    ulnek's Avatar

    Posts
    448 Posts
    Global Posts
    702 Global Posts

    Default Re: SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix

    won't android's self regulating multi tasker kill this if it keeps running in the background? also, how much impact does it have on the battery since it's always running?
    Motorola Droid Maxx
  20. #20  

    Default Re: SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix

    Actually works unlike volume +!!!
  21. #21  

    Default Re: SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix

    volume+ works perfectly if you have no other equalizer installed. i had to take out my dsp pack for player pro, clear cache under app management and it works fine

    make sure volume+ is the only sound management you have running and it'll have no conflict
  22. #22  
    MikeNY's Avatar

    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

    Default Re: SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix

    Works for me! I think like someone else mentioned that Volume+ was more a placebo effect. Also I think this EQ app may drain the battery. Normally I lose 7-8% overnight on the phone when not plugged in but this time I went from 55% down to 18% when I woke up, never seen that before.
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
  23. #23  
    ulnek's Avatar

    Posts
    448 Posts
    Global Posts
    702 Global Posts

    Default Re: SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix

    well gave this a try but it eventually shut iself off or the phone turned it off for me. it was working for a while then few hours later volume was back to normal. you have to keep opening it cause os seems to kill it at some point.
    Motorola Droid Maxx
    edward.deguia likes this.
  24. #24  
    tony bag o donuts's Avatar
    Resident Ringtone Maker

    Posts
    3,901 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,010 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

    Default Re: SA Labs Equalizer for volume fix

    Quote Originally Posted by tmdao13 View Post
    volume+ works perfectly if you have no other equalizer installed. i had to take out my dsp pack for player pro, clear cache under app management and it works fine

    make sure volume+ is the only sound management you have running and it'll have no conflict
    welcome to the boards.
    Poweramp, my music player has an eq in it. Will that affect volume + or this app?
  25. #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DieselNY View Post
    Also I think this EQ app may drain the battery. Normally I lose 7-8% overnight on the phone when not plugged in but this time I went from 55% down to 18% when I woke up, never seen that before.
    I worried about the same thing, but i've been running the app for 18 hours now and no noticeable drain and the OS hasn't tried to kill it.


    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B