Traded Rezound for Nexus

alcantarvf

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
This past week I got three random reboots... I did not want to go through this nightmare again (HTC Thunderbolt)... I know that Verizon had the holiday exchange program going... The only problem was that I bought the Rezound from amazon for one penny... So I decided to call Verizon today and not mention where I bought the phone... To my delight, all it showed on their system was that a line was added through Verizon on the 24th of December (Which is the day that amazon transferred warranty obligation over to verizon)...

Nonetheless, my Nexus is on the way to me as we speak... will be here next week as it is back ordered... Where there is a will there is a way...

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Party foul, posting in two forums :)

I had a few reboots with my Dinc everynow and then but that I think was caused by certain apps conflicting.
Either device is fine, but I can't go back to an updated Dinc. I needed a change so I went with the GN.

kr3w1

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The first day or two i had the GNEX it rebooted all the time. then, magically, it just stopped doing it. I'm not sure why it was rebooting or why it stopped but seems fine now!

kesnik

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
My nexus has rebooted on me a couple times since its release (purchased 12/15). Its a brand new OS so i kind of expected that. The only other problem i am having is the data connectivity issues that people are talking about. the phone will attempt to switch between 3G / 4G and I will have no data for a couple minutes. I love everything else about the GN and weighing the positives vs. the negatives I think this phone is excellent. Its worth putting up with the bugs until Google/Verizon pushes a fix. I would have to assume that this "fix" for the GN would be released before a fix for the Rezound's issues.

-Kesnik

lostmarine

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a GN and have had a couple Random Reboots. The first one was after I hung up the phone the first time and then one random one while sitting at a desk at work, but I recently rooted and I had one random reboot after rooting (like 5 mins after I rooted it). So beware you may still get a few here and there, but not half as many or as bad as when I got my Droid X.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
This past week I got three random reboots... I did not want to go through this nightmare again (HTC Thunderbolt)... I know that Verizon had the holiday exchange program going... The only problem was that I bought the Rezound from amazon for one penny... So I decided to call Verizon today and not mention where I bought the phone... To my delight, all it showed on their system was that a line was added through Verizon on the 24th of December (Which is the day that amazon transferred warranty obligation over to verizon)...

Nonetheless, my Nexus is on the way to me as we speak... will be here next week as it is back ordered... Where there is a will there is a way...

you might want to head down to verizon and order the $25 extended battery now before it goes back up to $50. you will want it. gives the phone a better feel and longer life.

alcantarvf

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
This blows... A Verizon rep just called me and told me that my order will be cancelled because I bought the phone from a third party retailer and not through Verizon... That the exchange program doesn't apply in this case... Looks like I an S.O.L.... Damn.... The rep from last night obviously didn't know what he was doing... Double Damn... Thought I had a nexus...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

alcantarvf

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Well... As it turns out... I am glad I did not get the nexus...

Went to a Verizon store to check it out... Wow... What a cheap feel... The battery cover was glued on... I could literaly see the glue on the edges...

Id much rather wait for ICS on the rezound...

Nexus... What a disappointment...

Darkblue31

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Its glued on because of the way its mounted on the display. If you look at the back cover its not as flush as the rezound. As someone who has a DINC and learned from that experience, good luck to HTC getting that update for ICS on it. You might be looking at Jellybean or whatever comes next by the time they get it working properly. But whatever phone makes you happy go for it.

Reactions: Premium1

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Well... As it turns out... I am glad I did not get the nexus...

Went to a Verizon store to check it out... Wow... What a cheap feel... The battery cover was glued on... I could literaly see the glue on the edges...

Id much rather wait for ICS on the rezound...

Nexus... What a disappointment...

the build quality really isn't that bad. The back cover is just not specifically made to work with the connectors Verizon uses. Plus, did anyone really expect Samsung to change their build quality from plastic to metal on this device? The plastic on the gn is definitely improved though from previous devices, like the fascinate. Stock ICS will probably be better than whatever HTC cooks up. But that just what I think. Oh yeah, the galaxy nexus always has updates on it's side.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I was worried when i went to a few stores and the display dummy had a screen that pushed in etc. They took out one from their stock and the cover and screen were much better then the floor models.
My guess is many are playing with it more then other devices because its got ics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463