Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Did your guys' battery come in the Nexus?

So, my last Nexus crapped out on me, I had to exchange it. Came home with my new phone, and the battery was already inserted in the Phone. I was just wanting an opinion, because all of the plastic was on the phone and everything, but I paid for a new phone, I don't want Best Buy's grubby paws on it, haha.

So I was just wondering pretty much if some batteries already come in the phone when you first opened it?

ROM
    DarkAOSP v3.0.0

Default Re: Did your guys' battery come in the Nexus?

Mine was not in the phone when I got it. I don't think I have seen a new phone coming out of the box with the battery installed already.

It shouldn't be in the device, you probably got a refurb but even still they come out of the phone. The employees at Best Buy will often take the phones out for demo purposes and fiddle with them. Phone should be fine either way.
    Device history:
    Storm 1 > Tour > Droid > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Motorola Razr HD MAXX & Nexus 7

Global Posts
    1,337 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I've had tons of new phones and the battery was always wrapped desperately.

via Galaxy Nexus
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Hm...then me being all about money, should go back and request that I get charged for a used phone, not a new one.=P

My was not in the phone

Quote Originally Posted by geneticfusion View Post
    Hm...then me being all about money, should go back and request that I get charged for a used phone, not a new one.=P
    That's how it works sadly, unless you were in your two week window you get a new device. But with insurance replacements it's always a refurb.
    Device history:
    Storm 1 > Tour > Droid > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Motorola Razr HD MAXX & Nexus 7
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

It wasn't an insurance replacement. It was a brand new phone, and Best Buy with my RZ membership I get 45 days to exchange anything.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,050 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

is there a way to see how many hrs the phone has used?
    before sending it back see if the verizon app will tell you how much it has been used. probably an employee played with it, so I would bring it back.

No the battery was not in the phone. No sim card. No nothing in the phone. However once inserted the battery was at 52%. I took it home and charged it before using the phone.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

When I first turned it on, the battery meter stated that it was used for 12 hours, and surprisingly, wasn't on Cell Standby either. Said Market, Browser, Screen, and a couple of other apps, those were just the main ones.

Well, some of it was Cell Standy, but not the main cause of the battery being drained.

Also, it has BB's WiFi network saved in the phone. -sighs-

Mine was not in my nexus. It was wrapped in the plastic in the box.

when i went to BB to buy a camera, there was a big thumb print on the lens and they said it was new.