Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how do I sync facebook ¿

I just switched from the incredible to the nexus. on my incredible my contacts had their facebook profile pics synced with my "contacts". now only certain ones have pics, where did they go and how do I get them back??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Default Re: how do I sync facebook ¿

Google contacts stores the Facebook information in the "notes" field for each contact. If you go to your browser and view your contacts.... then open a contacts information... you should see some Facebook codes/tags in the notes box. Chances are the ones that are missing from your phones contacts are missing the info that's stored in your Google contacts account. Its a common problem... Facebook has always been filled with bugs.

The long way... would be to delete the facebook notes stored for each contact and then resync Facebook with your contacts again so you have a clean install.

The short way... grab an app from the market that syncs Facebook contact pics with your phones contacts... SyncMyPix is a decent app and you should see a few others if you search the market for "Facebook Sync".
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

haxsync is an app that was developed specifically for FB contact sync on ICS. its a buck in the market, and well worth it if you rely on FB for contact pics/info

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    ROM
    Axiom/Franko's

Default Re: how do I sync facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post

The long way... would be to delete the facebook notes stored for each contact and then resync Facebook with your contacts again so you have a clean install.
    I am looking into the apps suggested, but how does one sync Facebook with contacts? I am having a similar issue to the OP as with my DInc, the facebook app had a sync with contacts option. No such option is available on the GN. This is the first vanilla OS I've used, so it may just be that this option doesn't exist without a skin (sense, Philblur, touchwiz, etc.) , but you say resync Facebook with contacts, how exactly can that be done.

I've also noticed that on the Facebook page, Sense is listed as an authorized app, but not Android anywhere. Android version of Facebook doesn't talk to Facebook?
    Blackberry Tour 9630, Blackberry Bold 9650 - Crackberry.com username: newberrynewb
    HTC Droid Incredible, Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE - Androidcentral.com username: newdroidnewb

Use friend caster instead of Facebook

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

I'm pretty sure this is because Facebook doesn't use the new ICS apis. Google demands that any contact info or photos you sync to your phone are yours. They don't go away when/if you uninstall the app. Facebook wants to take these away when you uninstall the app.

FB used to have a work around, but Google close the hold. Sense and other UIs implement a work around. Stock Android does not have this.

I say blame FB for wanting to control the info shared between you and your friends. You'll have to download a third-party app to accomplish what you want. This is another reason I quit FB.
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.
    Perfect Screen Shot Ad Free (App)
    Perfect Screen Shot (App)