Weird..nexus bugged out while charging?

not2gutta

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to this site so pardon me if this is suppose to be restricted to a certain thread...

Last night I was charging my nexus at a friends house using a random charger(never heard of the brand).

It was charging normal the whole time, but then while playing texas holdem, the phone all of blinked few times and shut off(charger still intact). I then went to turn it back on and it would show the welcoming animation, then when it came to the lock screen, it showed it as December 31, 2011 with an explanation point in the battery symbol...then shut down on its own again. I continued to try to turn the phone on,only showing the animation then shutting down. Then something weird happened where it showed the reboot screen, showing Mr. android and a large logo above it stating "Start"...and wouldn't do anything if I pressed on it. This eventually went back to the dead black screen.

I let it charge this time with a LG phone charger, and it showed the normal battery buildup charging.After sometime, I disconnected it from the charger and it showed it as if it was still charging(white battery symbol)...weird and would still not turn on. I assumed the battery was totally dead...being it would turn on or anything, though when I got home I plugged it in and its said it had 60% battery life on her..wtf!

Anyone else experience this? Did I hurt my nexus using inappropriate chargers? Should I exchange it for another one if its defective? :confused:

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I"m having a similar issue. For the the battery charging icon will not go away. When I do a bat pull and sim pull I can finally get it to go away but it shows i'm at 85% even after a full charge. No idea how to fix this.

smitty24

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Something to do with the grounding of the charger. My brothers Razr when bat$hit crazy when he plugged it into a el cheapo cable hes been using on his older phones.After going back to his provided cable, it hasnt done it since.
I always use the provided cable just because Ive read stories like this.
Same for miniHDMI cables. They cause wonkiness too if they are poor quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol