Can't See the Pictures in My GNex Using Windows XP

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I took screen shots and I am trying to upload them here. I can see them in my Gallery of my GNex. When I plug the USB cable into my Windows XP machine, I see the Galaxy and its folders, one of which is Pictures. But when I open this folder, it has no files in it. In fact, each of the folders has no files in it.

Obviously that is not correct. Is there an incompatibility with Windows XP? I have a Windows Vista machine I will try it on, but I am curious as to why it isn't working in Windows XP.

Thanks.

Last edited:

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Hmm if nothing else I'll bump the thread for you. But I'd suggest looking around the file system. Certain devices will save things in different places....for example I'd be looking in my dcim folder.

rufflez

Banned
Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Its in screenshots folder, not pictures folder. What i do is use photobucket as it gives you the links for forums do you can post them easily. Its free and easy

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I can see all of the folders in the GNex when I connect it to my XP machine, but no files show in any of the folders. When I connect it to my Vista machine, I can see the files that are in the folders. The screen shots are in the pictures folder in a subfolder called screen shot. But my Windows XP machine doesn't show the files for some reason.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I can see all of the folders in the GNex when I connect it to my XP machine, but no files show in any of the folders. When I connect it to my Vista machine, I can see the files that are in the folders. The screen shots are in the pictures folder in a subfolder called screen shot. But my Windows XP machine doesn't show the files for some reason.
Make sure you change your XP PC window to show all files (i.e. *.*). Not just "files of type bmp", or whatever.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma