Verizon LTE Down... AGAIN!

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Here's what happened to me: I'm on vacation in Arizona in a 3G only area (I suspected). I toggled LTE on to see if it would work about an hour ago, and it didn't. Since trying that toggle, I can't get any 3G data back. Tried pulling battery and then sim...but nothing worked. Anyone know if this is the same type of problem?

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
im thinking this is mainly a gnex problem, my co worker sitting right next to me has a pantech breakout and is getting 4g while im getting nothing at all..
Read Friend-O's post...I think it might be limited to some GN's, but I believe others have posted other 4G devices were also affected. Strange days.

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I got 4G back around 1:30pm at my office in Barberton. It came back a few minutes after a reboot. Not sure that the reboot had anything to do with it though.

I did a reboot at first, also a switch in and out of airplane mode...nothing helped except waiting

downtown jewelry bryan

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Here's what happened to me: I'm on vacation in Arizona in a 3G only area (I suspected). I toggled LTE on to see if it would work about an hour ago, and it didn't. Since trying that toggle, I can't get any 3G data back. Tried pulling battery and then sim...but nothing worked. Anyone know if this is the same type of problem?

i'm in phx, no 3G/4G...news widget was working but stopped when i clicked to open it. still getting calls though.

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I got 4G back around 1:30pm at my office in Barberton. It came back a few minutes after a reboot. Not sure that the reboot had anything to do with it though.

I did a reboot and got nothing but since have had 3 bars of 3G, I usually get 2 bars of 4G consistently in downtown Akron.

dloseke

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
NO data in So. CA
no 4g, 3g or 1x
I'm on the phone with Verizon customer support now. They have no clue.

on a stock, non-rooted Thunderbolt

Same exact story for me except I'm in Omaha, and not going to bother calling Verizon. The obviously know there's an outage, and it's obviously it's not my phone so no sense in calling them....I've not been a Sprint fan, but they're starting to look appealing at this point.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
LTE out in NYC. Switched to 3G (CDMA only setting) and getting a data connection but it is running on EVDO Rev A. 3G also working fine on Blackberry and iPhone.

Looks like as with the previous outages, it is only affecting LTE devices and that 3G-only devices are running fine. I don't know of a way to force the Nexus to EVDO Rev A, but try setting to CDMA only then toggling data or rebooting. After setting to CDMA only and toggling, I got an EVDO Rev A connection.

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
here in KC for the last hour, bouncing from 1x to 3G to nothing. this is embarrasing...having been with Verizon for 8 years now...and just upgraded last month. 3 outages since my upgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay