Error in Sender / Recipient with Text Messages

nmc445

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
My company has Android phones with Verizon.

I have a Nexus and my two partners have the Bionic.

We're all experiencing a weird problem with Text Messages:
Intermittently, the Sender or Recipient is incorrectly shown. For example, if I send a message to my Dad, the Text will reflect that I sent it to a business associate.

This same error - switch occurs when I receive a message. It randomly shows from a completely different origin person.

There is no discernible pattern. It does not occur with a recurring specific origin or destination.

I use GO SMS Pro, but my partners use the Google messanger app.

I have tried to clear cache as a resolution but that has not worked to date.

My suspicion is that the error originates with Verizon rather than Android or the phone itself. This is a relatively new problem (last 30 days).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

evrafter

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I am using chompsms. Exact same thing happened to me about 40 minutes ago. It actually happened two days after launch day. So I uninstalled chomp. Thought I would try it again. This week has been fine until, again, 40 minutes ago. I'm in salt lake and our 4g was out this morning. Happened to be at the mall while it was out, stopped by a Verizon kiosk...asked what was up...said 4 people had just asked the the same thing in the past ten minutes. Verizon reps said they were upgrading the towers and the outage was only affecting the 4g phines. Thought perhaps thats why chomp freaked out.

Eleni 22

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Just happened to me too with chomp sms and i even tried handcent sms. Thought it was the application so i tired another one with the same result

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae