Everyone who purchased the Nexus on 15th, Today (12/29) Deadline

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
That's the reason u own a nexus so u can flash what ever u can conceive for it.
Maybe there is a new batch of nexus's that came in and weren't sitting in the store for 2 and 1/2 months with faulty software and bugs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Everyone who purchased the Nexus on 15th, Today (12/29) Deadl

If you are like me and purchased the GNex on 12/15, then today (12/29) is our last day to return the device under the Worry-Free Guarantee 14 day Rule. I will be going into the store later and swapping mine out for a new GNex due to some issues Im having + battery, signal & so forth. I called in and Verizon noted my account & informed me if you are within your 14 day guarantee, I can simply walk into any Verizon store and swap out devices for a new (not a certified like new) 1 & not have one shipped to my house, unless I choose to. Just want to throw that out there for the ones that feel like they got a device that was in a bad batch, just simply walk into your nearest store and swap out for a new one.

We have until January 15, 2012 I believe. At least that is what my receipt shows. I know the rep that sold me the phone told me 14 days too. But, I think that is just VZW indoctrination and the guy saying 14 days out of reflex.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm trying to get mine swapped out for a new one; my topic is still going strong, about a crack underneath the screen. It's not really going too smoothly for me, because the return policy apparently doesn't cover cracks. But I don't believe it's a crack I caused. I've seen at least one other person online noting that they had an "under the screen" crack in about the same place mine is, so I feel like it's either a manufacturer defect, or something that happened in shipping, or whatever.

I called Verizon a few hours ago to talk about it, but couldn't get far, because I'm not the main account holder (I'm on a family plan), and the account holder is at work for another hour, so I have to wait until he gets home. When I called, though, she did make a point to tell me that today is the last day I can do a return/ exchange, with the 14-day thing. My receipt that was sent with my order does have the bit about holiday returns extended on the thing, and I was going to inquire about that when she said that, but I'm hoping to get this resolved today, anyway. It's just become such a hassle over the last few days, and I just want this process to be over and done with. @_@

stabbedintheface

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

Hmm...I put a little nick in mine....maybe I can get a fresh one since they didn't have any cases when I got mine. HA!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

I will never part with my beloved nexus. Cracked screen, add insurance cuz you have 30 days to do so. If manufacturer warranty doesn't cover it.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

How much does that insurance cost, anyway?

Something like 6 or 7 dollars a month and 100 dollars when you use it to replace your phone. With the insurance expect a refurbished phone(although there can't be too many refurbs quite yet I would think) that may also have problems.

I had the Motorola Q back when that came out and used my insurance to replace it, and the first one the speaker you hold up to your ear didn't work and the replacement for that one was defective also(can't recall what the problem was with the 2nd one), I gave up after that, I already had a different phone and was just selling the replacement on ebay, what a headache.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

Okay, I *think* I got my exchange setup. The problem is, I kinda want to send back my old phone now, since they're only giving me five days to send it out, rather than two weeks, and I didn't save the original box/ return label to send it back in.

Edit: Nevermind, found the address on their site. Since I don't have the original return label, is there anything special I should do when packing up the order? Will they know what it is if I just send my phone and a copy of the receipt back?

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Something like 6 or 7 dollars a month and 100 dollars when you use it to replace your phone. With the insurance expect a refurbished phone(although there can't be too many refurbs quite yet I would think) that may also have problems.

I had the Motorola Q back when that came out and used my insurance to replace it, and the first one the speaker you hold up to your ear didn't work and the replacement for that one was defective also(can't recall what the problem was with the 2nd one), I gave up after that, I already had a different phone and was just selling the replacement on ebay, what a headache.

Yep the plan I got. Another Q user! I had the Q9m...loved it....back when insurance was like 4 dollars and deductibles for smartphones were 50 and regular phones like 30.

Wife has the iphone and they want 14 a month plus a 180 deductable. I said no thanks to that one.

not2gutta

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Thank you very for posting this thread...I bought the nexus from a third party store and their exchange policy is 14 days...right on the nose bud! I am exchanging for the rezound in a bit, cant wait!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles