Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't send picture messages?

I bought my Galaxy Nexus on the 27th. So far I really enjoy the phone, but I'm using the 14 days to test it and to make sure there aren't any major issues.

Yesterday had the 4g/3g outage, so that was kind of a bust as far as "testing" it goes.

Anyways--4g is back today, but I can't send picture messages. I've tried both Handscent and the stock messenger app, and neither will work. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Handscent, tried toggling airplane mode, tried shutting the phone off and on, etc.

Anyone have any ideas? Do you think this is related to the outage from yesterday, or is it specifically my phone?

Thanks.
    Tongue in cheek idealists, I'm not giving up the claim that I can save the world and all I need is my friends.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Can't send picture messages?

Any ideas?
    Tongue in cheek idealists, I'm not giving up the claim that I can save the world and all I need is my friends.

ROM

Is it actually sending the MMS message with the attached image, but not being received? Or is it failing to even send (with an error message)?

It might elicit more help or suggestions if you describe the problem with a little more detail other than "neither will work".

It's suspicious that two separate programs exhibit the same misbehavior, so maybe there's another issue (either in creating or attaching the image). Anyway, give us a little more info...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

My apologies with being vague, and thanks for your response.

When using the stock messenger app, I'll attach an image that I took with the camera and click send. It will then say "sending," but it will stay stuck on that. It's been about thirty minutes, and it's still "sending." Let me know if there's anything I can/should elaborate on, and thanks again for your assistance!

Edit: I'm coming from a DINC, and I had no problems sending images. Not sure if this information would be helpful at all.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

So it just randomly started to work again. No idea why, but I'm not going to complain about it. I'm just going to blame [some variable] for being funky.

Thanks for your assistance! T'was appreciated.

ROM
    [AOSP] LIQUIDSMOOTH-v1.25

Its poor data connection. Wether you have data connection, it varies by the strength of it.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

That is not reassuring considering it is happening again. I really want to like this phone, but this is kind of silly.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

try going back to handcent, make sure you get the latest update from the market, and change the mms picture size limit to 200k or even less.

I have the same problem! I can send text no problem. Pictures added to text I get a message "sending." My wife never will receive the message nor picture. Sometimes I have to email it to her. Even if I walk to where I am getting better reception (Bars) it's stuck.... If I have low bars at my house and get the Verizon extender network would that help? My question is do text messages and sending pics use dif. air waves...... I'm new to smart phones but, Loving this phone!

Same here, not a deal breaker,but sorta a bummer, i really would like to text pics of me eating tacos tp my wife, i mean what else would you do woth this phone!

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Jelly Bean Rom

I am having the same problem. Restarting the phone is the only thing I found to work. This seems like a ICS problem rather than a Verizon problem. Hoping new software update will fix this. Having to restart the phone to send a MMS seems like fairly big problem.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Jelly Bean Rom

*bump*

anybody find a fix for this,am having same problem

What about getting them?

I am having the same problem , I receive mms but can't send any. It just says "sending" and never does. Its not the signal because I have full bars. Anyone know what the issue is ?

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

i am having the same issue sending and receiving picture MMS.. when I try to send it says "service not activated on network" and when some one trys to send me one it gets rejected on their end

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock ice cream

I can't send any MMS either I had to reboot phone then it worked I hope a fix is coming soon

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I have the skyrocket and have just started having this issue today.

Same here, stuck on "sending" and the picture never goes through.
    Galaxy Nexus
    ICS

Anyone have a fix for this?

Are you guys on wifi when sending or receiving? I've had this issue. Mine will never send or receive on wifi. Disable it and turn on 3 or 4g and it works fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ROM
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by kilgoretrout View Post
    I bought my Galaxy Nexus on the 27th. So far I really enjoy the phone, but I'm using the 14 days to test it and to make sure there aren't any major issues.

Yesterday had the 4g/3g outage, so that was kind of a bust as far as "testing" it goes.

Anyways--4g is back today, but I can't send picture messages. I've tried both Handscent and the stock messenger app, and neither will work. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Handscent, tried toggling airplane mode, tried shutting the phone off and on, etc.

Anyone have any ideas? Do you think this is related to the outage from yesterday, or is it specifically my phone?

Thanks.
    I had the same issue one night. I could not MMS any photos I had taken at a car show. I was on the phone with verizon for over an hour. They had no idea why it was doing it. They wanted me to do a hard reset on the phone. I siad OK......what about my photos? I have no SD card. The person said they did not know the nexus did not have an SD card!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastmr2 View Post
    I had the same issue one night. I could not MMS any photos I had taken at a car show. I was on the phone with verizon for over an hour. They had no idea why it was doing it. They wanted me to do a hard reset on the phone. I siad OK......what about my photos? I have no SD card. The person said they did not know the nexus did not have an SD card!!
    Haha better yet when the gnex launched I took it to get a sim card issue fixed the Verizon employee said "what phone is this" wow I thought the she booted it up she's like "what? It does have any sound" during the boot animation haha Verizon employees smh

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ROM
    GummyCHARGED FE 2.0

As far as I am aware, you cannot send/receive MMS on wifi with this phone, so you gotta use 3g/4g. For a while, I assumed this was intentional for a reason relating to your SMS/MMS texting plan and having to be on verizon's network, but after discovering that this is not an issue on my sister's iphone, I'm quite confused.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Yup .. been having this issue for some time now. Rebooting sometimes helps. Clearing all text messages sometimes helps.

I find that jumping from the camera app to sending an MMS almost always results in failure. I have better luck with launching the gallery separately and sending from there.

Sometimes I just have to send two or three times. They eventually all say sent and sometimes the recipient gets them all ... but usually they only get one.

It is really frustrating .. hoping an update fixes.
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

My wife seems to have this problem as well. Only on wifi like some of you have said. I would think that the device would use the network to send the mms message and override wifi just to send something needing network coverage. She's getting really irritated with it as well. Rebooting the device seems rather silly to me as well. I hope there's a fix soon released for her sake and as well as all of yours. We're all in the same boat

Dropped from Liquid Nexus via Tapatalk2
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast