Outlook exchange issues

prosndinc

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Galaxy Nexus for 10 days now. Outlook exchange for my corporate email account has been flawless until today, No email in the phone, when I manually sync it tells me "could not open connection to the server" I can get in remotely from my laptop so I know it isn't a problem with our exchange. Is this part of the 4G/ LTE problem that I"ve been reading about? I deleted the exchange mail box on the phone and added it again, It took several time before it would work and then only worked for about 2 hrs before it went out.
Anyone have thoughts on this?
Thanks

Last edited:

CutlaSS

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I had that problem on my system a few times last year. Our BB users got their mail but it was the active sync users that had the problem- all of them- iPhones too.
It would attempt to sync and after a certain timeout it would error and say that it couldn't connect.

it was a port setting on the exchange server- a 4xx port I believe- the fix was to update both the BES server and the exchange server (windows updates) and correct the port setting.

heatherdawne

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I found out the problem or what i hope was the problem since it's now working just fine. I had set a mobile data limit, and when I deselected it, I was able to connect to my company's corporate server again.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I had a problem connecting to Exchange Server 2010. Turns out for some reason my phone had "two pairings" to exchange server for same phone! I had to delete one of the pairings. Go to your OWA webpage and select view all options then select phone and look at your pairings. Delete any unused pairings (or duplicate pairings).

This may only be applicable to Exchange Server 2010.