How long to connect to 3G/4G data?

SnitGTS

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
When I turn on my data (I keep it off when I'm in a WiFi area), it takes more then a minute to make a connection. Once I have a connection everything works well, speeds are good, etc.. This lag in connecting didn't happen with any of my other phones, they connected instantly.

Is this the reception issue that I hear about with the Nexus or is this something else?

stabbedintheface

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Why do you actually turn off data?

Connecting to wifi should use that as the data pipe automatically. You should not need to turn it off.

Try nit disabling it and see if it reconnects faster

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

SnitGTS

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Because the building I work in is basically a dead zone and the phone will constantly search for signal and drain the battery if data is on.

It does connect to 3g/4g very fast when data is already on and I turn off the wifi.

Could it have something to do with the phone trying to decide between 4g and 3g?

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I use Wifi at home but even there I connect to 4G at times, just to test it. Connect times are less than 15 seconds and at times the 4G is faster than my home Wifi.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

SnitGTS

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Are you in a strong 4g area? At home I've never got 4g, at work I did and with the Rezound but the GN will only get a 3g connection. I'm wondering if the signal strength has anything to do with it.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
When I turn on my data (I keep it off when I'm in a WiFi area), it takes more then a minute to make a connection. Once I have a connection everything works well, speeds are good, etc.. This lag in connecting didn't happen with any of my other phones, they connected instantly.

Is this the reception issue that I hear about with the Nexus or is this something else?

If you're rooted, flash the new radios that were leaked. If you're not rooted, they should be pushing out the new update within a couple weeks. After I flashed the radios, I noticed a definite improvement in connection time - when I switch from wifi to mobile or from 3G to 4G, the connection usually happens in less than 5 seconds

Reactions: JOHNAKARED