How are you dealing with your Battery Issues?

Run L1ke H3LL

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious how everyone is dealing with their GNexus battery life.

I just used up 70% of my battery with heavy usage of Words with Friends(Wifi) and some texting in about 3.5 hours.

In normal usage I manage about 10% loss per hour.

I'm seriously considering downloading a battery management app at this point.

How much battery life do you experience, and if you have battery issues how are you dealing with them?

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I don't really have battery issues.

The screen is what takes up the battery. If your screen time on is around 2 out of 10 hours then you don't have a problem.

I ordered an extended battery for the extra hour or two it will give me.

Jumper_jax

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I take a charger with me everywhere lol. But if I really need to conserve battery I turn 4g off and wifi on if possible. And I just don't play games. Especially words BC its a battery hog.

I'm sure I'll end up getting the extended battery at some point as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I charge mine. I've done that with every phone I've owned.
I charge it in the car, at work, over night, etc.
I have no need to see how long it will last.

Reactions: moosc

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I got the battery charger with extra battery. I wake up in the morning and swap batteries and swap them again after I get home from work. The battery charger works extremely well and if I do end up killing the battery watching a movie or playing a game, the battery is usually fully charged and ready to go in a very short amount of time. Although I would not say I have battery issues.

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious how everyone is dealing with their GNexus battery life.

I just used up 70% of my battery with heavy usage of Words with Friends(Wifi) and some texting in about 3.5 hours.

In normal usage I manage about 10% loss per hour.

I'm seriously considering downloading a battery management app at this point.

How much battery life do you experience, and if you have battery issues how are you dealing with them?

Here's how.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Battery issues? What battery issues? I can easily get 12 to 13 hours of battery life out of this phone without even trying. Now if I would honestly try, I could probably get more. If you want to know about battery issues, you should have gotten the Thunderbolt the day it came out.

It's actually not too bad now with all of the updates, but when it first came out it was a miracle to get 6-8 hours out of the phone.

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I turn off 4G (CDMA only), leave wifi on, turn down screen brightness.

I am waiting for a stable ROM but I assume that will increase battery life.

For now I am getting a full day of use with anywhere from 30-50% left over. I rarely play games on it, but gaming apps kill any phone, I don't care what type it is.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been experimenting with various options for the past week since getting my Nexus. Yesterday I put Juice Defender (Ultimate) on my Nexus (had the app from when I had my DroidX). So far it's really helped with the battery life. Here's the stats from yesterday, After 12hrs I was still at 52% which is much better than I was getting without JD. I did some limited texting, took some calls, checked my email, updated a couple apps, etc yesterday. Not a very extensive use on the device but functional for normal phone use.

Reactions: 808phoneaddict

mozy

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
1. Charge phone at home, work, and car
2. Buy extra batteries including an extended battery
3. Turn off GPS, wifi, BT when not using
4. Turn off apps when not using

Doing the aforementioned I never have any battery problems. I have yet to need more than 1 battery in a day, I have extra batteries for travel.

MegaSoundwave76

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I just say screw it. I stopped caring about battery issues. My Thunderbolt, now that was a battery hog! I looked at it wrong and it would die. I stopped worrying about it. I just make sure I have a charger everywhere I'm at, like one in my car, one at work, home, etc. I leave 4G on (when it's available), GPS (only active when location or other apps need it). Couldn't care at this point. I get through the day with it, that's all that counts for me. Maybe I'll try the official extended battery later.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
The Nexus is just like any other 4G phone out these days.

I charge my device every night.

What I do on work days is at about an hour before I leave work, I throw that puppy back on a charger and juice it back up to 100%

On the weekends I will usually bump it back to 100% in the late afternoon to last me through my evening activities.

Its really not that difficult to keep my device running when I need it.

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It's only been a day, but I had a hunch that Beautiful Widgets was causing some excessive drain. The only reason I thought that was that on my Xoom, Watchdog goes nuts and flags it all the time as using excessive CPU. It doesn't warn me on my GNex, but I uninstalled it yesterday and fully charged it and it went a good 10 hours off the charger and still had 60% battery left before I plugged it in at 2AM this morning. It WAS moderate to light use, and I'm on 3G only, but that was a huge difference to what it has been.

It's just my observation after one day, so take it with a grain of salt. I can live with that battery life (not sure if I can live with it dropping signal in places where my last phones worked just fine, but will wait for updates.)

Reactions: dstevens63

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
The batteries get better as they are used. Keep using them till they are low and charge them fully. (ideally charge them w/ the phone off if possible for the 1st week or so). I have 2 battery chargers so it's easy for me to get them fully charged w/ out any trickle discharge from them being in the phone while charging. I have been very impressed w/ these batteries.

People that were getting crap battery life initially (like me) are now getting 20+ hour days

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'd say it was definitely Beautiful Widgets, it will drink your battery dry. They need to do a rewrite on the code so it doesn't use so many CPU cycles.

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
remove from charger - abuse for 12+ hours - put back on charger.

If said abuse seems as if it might leave me short of my intended schedule i will throw the phone a charge while driving or sitting at my desk at work....but usually it will take everuthing i throw at it from the time i wake up till the time i throw it on the charger at bed time.

Last edited:

RyMac04

BB Convert
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'd say it was definitely Beautiful Widgets, it will drink your battery dry. They need to do a rewrite on the code so it doesn't use so many CPU cycles.

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

Could you suggest an alternatively beautiful clock and weather widget for the home screen? one that doesn't nomnomnommunchmmmm the battery?

Magnious

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I bought the extended battery, and turned off LTE. My phone will last all day, and still have %35 of the battery life when I put it on the charger for bed. I only turn on LTE when I need to use the phone for the internet, and wifi is not available. When I am done..I turn LTE back off. I also put the brightness on Auto. That's all I needed to do, and I am having great battery life! (approx 18 hours).