Nexus Awake 100% of the time (Global Issue)

Run L1ke H3LL

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Phone remains awake even when screen is off.
This seems to be a global issue. Here is a link to a Google Support thread with no known solution.
High 'Android OS' Keep Awake time on Android Ice Cream Sandwich (global on-going issue) - Google Mobile Help

Here is a screenshot of just a small example of what myself and others have been experiencing.
galaxynexusbattery1.png

At this point I have disabled all apps requesting data and disabled all widgets. I am trying to isolate what is keeping the phone awake even when the screen is off. I believe that this could be the root of my battery issues.

Has anyone found a fix and/or solution?

haastyle

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
i was reading somewhere that if you press power to put it into sleep mode it won't go into sleep correctly....just let it turn itself off after whatever time you have set it to turn the screen off...see what happens then....seems to have alleviated the awake issue a bit for me

Run L1ke H3LL

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
i was reading somewhere that if you press power to put it into sleep mode it won't go into sleep correctly....just let it turn itself off after whatever time you have set it to turn the screen off...see what happens then....seems to have alleviated the awake issue a bit for me
This is interesting, out of my blackberry habit I always lock the phone using the power button.
I will try this now and see how things progress.

Run L1ke H3LL

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I should add that that would be a very stupid problem. Considering I don't want to walk around with the phone screen on in my pocket waiting for it to go to sleep. It should be the other way around.

iclickjohn

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
They are supposed to stay on. If you want to turn it off, hold the power button till it asks and select power off. But then the phone needs to go through the entire reboot to come back on. Get used to what seems like bad battery life. It's normal on a smart phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
What? The awake time is not supposed to be solid like that.

They are supposed to stay on. If you want to turn it off, hold the power button till it asks and select power off. But then the phone needs to go through the entire reboot to come back on. Get used to what seems like bad battery life. It's normal on a smart phone.

iastonish

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus isn't having the awake time problem. Whenever my screen is off its asleep. Don't have any fixes, just wanted to chime in to give you a bit of hope and let you know its not all nexus' having this problem. The only thing I could think of is perhaps making a set CPU screen off profile if you're rooted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Run L1ke H3LL

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
What? The awake time is not supposed to be solid like that.

Yes thank you. I have been doing a lot of research and haven't seen anyone else with awake times as bad as that.

I just did a battery pull and now the phone seems to be going to sleep normally. I'm going to let it sit before I start adding the widgets and apps again.

willlayb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

hurr durr. you are funny. troll elsewhere

willlayb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes thank you. I have been doing a lot of research and haven't seen anyone else with awake times as bad as that.

I just did a battery pull and now the phone seems to be going to sleep normally. I'm going to let it sit before I start adding the widgets and apps again.

i did have this issue while i was on stock and ARHD...i am now on axiom and i dont see this issue. idk what happened or what fixed what but im not running into the huge awake times like before

Run L1ke H3LL

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
i did have this issue while i was on stock and ARHD...i am now on axiom and i dont see this issue. idk what happened or what fixed what but im not running into the huge awake times like before

hmmm, thats always an option. I'd love to keep the phone stock however, since this is the only problem I have with it.

BiNGE

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased my demo line GNex. None of these issues. Use your store's replacement option if factory resets/update to 4.0.2 have not fixed the issue.

stabbedintheface

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Disabling Google+ will resolve this issue.

Actually. Its the most recent update so you can just uninstall the updates.

I did not get the G+ update until the other day. Suddenly I'm having this keep awake issue others have had. Once I disabled Google plus the issue went away.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk