Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Unhappy Phone freezes then reboots on incoming call

I have a galaxy nexus for Verizon and here is my issue. When I receive an incoming call, I slide to unlock to answer the call, the phone will freeze and loop the ringtone for a couple seconds and then boom, Phone reboots and I have a big google logo on the screen. Also when I make a call, after hitting dial it does the same thing for outgoing calls. It doesnt happen everytime but I would say it happens 20% of the time...also I purchased on December 15th so I think I am out of luck on a store exchange....I did a hard reset already and am still having the same problem. It has been getting progressively worse...

Default Re: Phone freezes then reboots on incoming call

Almost has to be a software problem, likely associated with some app you've downloaded. If it were my phone, I'd do a hard reset again, NOT download a single app and use the phone for a day or two. If all is well, SLOWLY start adding your apps back and see what the last few apps were if it happens again.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

I have the exact same issue. On some incoming calls it freezes and then after 10 seconds or so, it reboots. The phone is only four days old. Has 4.0.2 Android version.

So if I do a reset, how do I prevent apps from automatically downloading?

ROM
    Unlocked/Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Sixgees View Post
    I have the exact same issue. On some incoming calls it freezes and then after 10 seconds or so, it reboots. The phone is only four days old. Has 4.0.2 Android version.

So if I do a reset, how do I prevent apps from automatically downloading?
    tp prevent apps from automatically downloading just look up your installed app in the market, click on app and then on that apps page there will be a box to check/uncheck to allow auto downloads

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP B38/Franco R194

Unfortubately, I'm adding my name to the list. I received my GNex on the 11th of Feb. The first call I received after activating my phone caused it to feeeze and reboot after sliding to answed. This happens, like ether said, maybe 20% of the time. If anyone stumbles into a solution please share.

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

I had that issue once with my Droid after flashing some rom. Not sure of what the connection would be, but it doesn't seem to be exclusive to the Nexus.

I got this issue last night with incoming and outgoing calls, the phone would just reboot as soon as the call connected. I pulled the battery and took the SIM card out and waited a minute. Seemed to fix the problem. I am not sure what the issue was.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP B38/Franco R194

Mine is doing this once or twice a day. Has anyone running 4.0.4 experienced this? I'm hoping we'll see a fix from the OTA.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP B38/Franco R194

I did a factory reset last night. It did't cure my problem, but it made it better. It still crashes when sending and receiving calls, but less frequently. Verizon is sending me a new phone. I'll report back when my new phone arrives.

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Thats it for me. I'm getting a rezound instead of the nexus.

ROM
    CM9 (4.0.4)

I've been using SGN since launch day and have never had the phone reboot in connection with starting or ending a call.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I eventually replaced my nexus and got a new sim card. Havent had the issue again after a few days so far. Not saying it is the fix but have installed all my apps and then some...no reboots so far

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP B38/Franco R194

Again, I'm going to agree with Ether. I got my second GNex on the 22nd and haven't had an issue so far. I'm quite happy with my Gnex now. I couldn't go back to the Droid X and the lag after using this phone.
    Thanked by:

This just started happening to me. Yesterday it had never happened before, everything was fine. Today, ANY incoming or outgoing call freezes the phone. Grrrrr....

This happened to me as well a few times. On another forum someone said its a known issue but vzw and Samsung deny there being any issue. I would call vzw and let them know what's happening. May need to report it a few times before they ship you a new phone.