Suggestions/Opinions on podcatcher?

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have been using DoggCatcher, which seems to be working fine. I always had issues with Google Listen and started using DoggCatcher a while ago. I highly recommend it.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm still using Listen, but I hope Google has a better app that plugs into Reader as nicely in the works. Listen can be buggy, almost intolerably so.

machiz7888

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I've tried DoggCatcher, and PocketCasts... I like the (blue) theme of doggcatcher, but not having a decent in-car mode kills it.

Beyondpod -- not as good looking as Doggcatcher, but its got a great car mode and works flawlessly

pleeho

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
does anyone know of a podcaster that can play Tess Vigelund's Marketplace Money? For some godforsaken reason, Marketplace Money decided to go only with Itunes & RSS for their podcasts, so Google Reader & thus all the podcasters that used it no longer catches these. Ticks me off to no end.

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
does anyone know of a podcaster that can play Tess Vigelund's Marketplace Money? For some godforsaken reason, Marketplace Money decided to go only with Itunes & RSS for their podcasts, so Google Reader & thus all the podcasters that used it no longer catches these. Ticks me off to no end.

You can add the RSS feed straight into DoggCatcher (from within doggcatcher hit the "menu" button then "add feed" then "RSS URL" ) and I'm sure the other podcast apps have similar functionality.

DLCPhototography

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been using BeyondPod. Like it a lot.
Free for a week to try it out. Continues to work after that, but a few features are removed (scheduled updates, I think) if you don't register (about $3.99).
It has a screen where you can import Google Reader feeds, or you can add them directly.
Pretty nice App.

DBVille

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I've tried DoggCatcher, and PocketCasts... I like the (blue) theme of doggcatcher, but not having a decent in-car mode kills it.

Beyondpod -- not as good looking as Doggcatcher, but its got a great car mode and works flawlessly
I'll be trying Deyondpod for the car mode. I use it in the car, and the tiny buttons on DoggCatcher and the layout aren't the best.

Thanks!!

dlh

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I switched from Google Listen to PocketCast and have not looked back. Really easy to use and nice UI.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

andreo

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I've used Beyond Podcast since the original Droid was released. But it was a toss up between Beyond and Dogcatcher. I think Beyond was the one that I ran across first. It worked and I already had my feeds loaded into it. So I don't think I even tried Dogcatcher.
Beyond has worked fine for me, the playlist feature works great and is very configurable and the car mode is great (not that I get to use it since there's no dock to put the GN in car mode). The widget works well also.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vszvvone88