headphone jac'ked

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I was walking around Target listening to Music when my stock earphones got caught on something, the plugs got yanked out my ears and the wires inside the cord was stripped out a bit. The earphones still worked i was even able to stuff the loose wires back inside the insulation. I got new earphones cause the stock ones just suck. Then i started noticing that the headphone jack is a bit loose. Never noticed that before, it would switch from mono to stero with the slightest touch, there is a little wiggle room now.. even my sony earphones cut out a little...

What do i do now?

Keep checking with different earphones?

See if Verizon can fix it?

Worst case i can exchange the unit?

Wondering if any of you guys have the same issue without the yanking incident..

Thanks..

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Switch to Bluetooth headphones? I've got a cheap Motorola set (look for A2DP compatibility) and it solved all of my snagging issues.

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
BT earphones for music and calls huh? Gotta check them out.. i' ve seen wireless BT speakers but not earphones.. are they stereo.. like both ears for music? Hows the extra battery drain been on BT?

Thanks..

DBVille

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Look closely at the jack into the phone. The jack I use to connect to my car was not seating correctly. The angled face of the Nexus was preventing it from fully seating. Pushing it in sort of got it to seat. I trimmed some pastic off the cord, and it works well now, but barely. The metal portion of the plug is exposed, and it hits the Nexus body (no case).

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to exchange those new earphones first.. another erickson pair seems to work just fine.. i dont have the name or box.. but i got those flat wire ones from Verizon.. yeah seems like most earphone jacks on smartphones have issue due to compact design.. my old htc desire also had exposed metal..