Galaxy Note or Galaxy Nexus

Nexus Or the Note

• Total voters

sc0rpion

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a hypothetical question for Galaxy Nexus owners.

If the Galaxy Note was released here in the US and you were still within your return window, would you return your Nexus and pick up the Note? Would you be willing to swap carriers to get the Note? Or would you stay with your Nexus? Im really up in the air over this, I have about 8 days left with Verizon to return my Galaxy Nexus, but I am torn if I should return it and wait a little bit longer for the Note to come out. What are you guys opinions and views? Thanks

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I would not switch. The note is to large to comfortably be used with 1 hand. Not to mention I could not see myself holding that tablet size phone up to your ear to make a call. Plus it has touchwiz...

doogie1

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't switch. Yes, it does have a great display. I believe it has the same resolution display the galaxy 10.1 tab has. The size is just cumbersome, doesn't come with ICS and I don't think it has nfc either.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
That would be a tough one for me. I'd probably stick with the gnex. But that's cause it fits my life style...

If I took a lot of notes and was on the internet more then phone I'd highly consider it.

My main problem would be a non nexus Samsung device. The note is supposed to get ICS so that will be nice but it will rarely see updates which ICS is going to need a lot of for the first year or so. Touchwiz is OK but I'd prefer vanilla.

Aside from that it would be an all in one device for me. I use my Xoom as a phone and to send SMS on occasion and it works great just too big to get rid of the phone.

Yachats

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of a NOTE but went with GNX. I was surprised how 'big' the GNX was. Definately put a GNX in your hand before you consider the NOTE - I think GNX is as large as I'd like.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I can't see myself using a Note. The size is too big for a phone and too small for a tablet. The first time I ever see someone holding one of those up to the side of their head using it as a phone I probably won't be able to stop myself from busting up laughing in front of them! No, no Note is going to be seeing the inside of my pocket. Oh, wait, they're WAY to big to fit into a pocket!!

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
If i was going to carry around the Note i would just take my 17inch laptop instead. Dell tried the whole huge 5inch phone and it flopped.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I can't see myself using a Note. The size is too big for a phone and too small for a tablet. The first time I ever see someone holding one of those up to the side of their head using it as a phone I probably won't be able to stop myself from busting up laughing in front of them! No, no Note is going to be seeing the inside of my pocket. Oh, wait, they're WAY to big to fit into a pocket!!

I agree that its on the large size but its not too large. It doesn't look as comical as you'd think and it fits in most peoples pockets without issue (according to people on xda).

You have to really want one and if you do you can make it work....just like anything else...compromises...

Samsung Galaxy Note size comparison shots - Engadget Galleries

COMPARE_galaxynotevsnexus557978456.jpg

killroy420

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
If the note came out on verizon with LTE I would definitely have bought it over the nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
It's not possible for me. I switched from Sprint to Verizon before the GNex came out. So I originally got the Bionic. Then got the GNex. So I have 2 years of happiness and experimenting with rooting and stuff before I get another phone.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
After I started rooting and flashing ROMs with my Droid X last winter, I knew that my next phone would be a Nexus. I was never interested in the Note, so no.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I like the Note, but think it's too large to use as a daily phone. Plus, I don't want a touchwiz phone. So, for me, I'd definitely stick with my GNex.

Stardate Tab 10.1

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The note is almost as big as the amazon tablet! I have my nexus and galaxy tab 10.1, I love my nexus, note is too big for a phone. The nexus is as big as I can go using only one hand.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

baybreeze

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping the Note would come to the US on Verizon, but it hadn't yet, and the Nexus finally came out, so I got the Nexus. I really love the Nexus, but I'm all for big screens, so the Note would have been preferable for that reason. Verizon also has the double data deal going on, so I wanted to get in on that as well, so the Nexus was it. If Verizon had both to choose from, though, I think I would have went with the Note.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty