galaxy nexus updating?

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I returned mine and got the rezound. I liked the Nexus better but after talking to tech support they are not showing a fix until March or later for the radio/poor reception problem. To bad the nexus was a better phone but I need a phone I can make calls on which is my priority

Dude. Same post on 3 different threads. We get it. You need a phone. Ugh. 4 posts total & 3 are the same post.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I just happened to be looking at my phone to see if I had missed any calls when I noticed the lttlle downloading file icon in the top left corner. I dragged down the top tray and it said galaxy nexus updating. How can I find what was downloaded or updated. It only downloaded for about 10 to15 seconds. I have already had the original update when activating the phone on the release day.

It was probably what the others have said about it doing an auto *22899. This post does a great job of describing what it does: http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus/141185-auto-dial-22899-a-4.html. That said, had this been the update it was performing, you would have seen your phone place a call, play a Verizon song that dates back to the birth of Verizon, and finally a reboot.

Or it might have been one of your Market apps auto updating. Had that been the case the notification panel would have been specific about which app was being updated & when it was finished. You would have needed to dismiss this message from the notification panel, so it would have been difficult to not know what had been updated.

When the Android OS updates it will go through a process that includes a reboot and an animation of an Android robots insides spinning around. This update would have involved you having to push buttons to complete the process.

Last possibility is that you have an actual app that periodically downloads data and that app displays a very uniformative message in your notification panel.

Reactions: flashkillpro

yngfam

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
very informative.

Sorry If I got anyones hopes up. I just didnt know what the"Galaxy Nexus Updating " message meant. You would think they would make the message a little more descriptive if all it was doing was refreshing the signal. Like "Refreshing Signal".

Thanks for the info though.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I just happened to be looking at my phone to see if I had missed any calls when I noticed the lttlle downloading file icon in the top left corner. I dragged down the top tray and it said galaxy nexus updating. How can I find what was downloaded or updated. It only downloaded for about 10 to15 seconds. I have already had the original update when activating the phone on the release day.

Most likely was an app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463