1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    ICS 4.0.2

Default Need help with three things!

Need help with my Galaxy Nexus:

1. No speed dial--do I just have to live with this?
    2. No email or message notifications on screen icons, and my LED notification light never goes on.
    3. No menu option to delete photos from Gallery.

Thanks!

Is this your first time with an Android device? I use the Quickdial app for my speed dial, its the best I found. There are no icon number showing notifications. You have to activate notifications...but they will be in the upper bar area when they come in. When you drag that down you will see them. This is how Android phones work. Good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Also...when you pull up a picture in the Gallery, you can delete them from there. Just click the 3 dots in the corner.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Now using God's Phone

ROM
    4.0.x

Quote Originally Posted by Pouledad View Post
    1. No speed dial--do I just have to live with this?
    2. No email or message notifications on screen icons, and my LED notification light never goes on.
    3. No menu option to delete photos from Gallery.
    First, you need to let go of iOS. You'll start to understand the philosophy of ICS when you do.

1. ICS tracks your frequently dialed people at the top of the contact list in the phone app. As such, no limited favorites list is needed.

2. There are no badges. ICS uses notifications exclusively. It's actually much cleaner than using badges.

3. You need to long press to select first. Once you do, the menu will have delete as an option.

I've only had the gnex for 3 days, but already I see how embracing the ICS way is more powerful than iOS. ICS isn't as mind numbingly easy, but with such flexibility comes complexity.

I love ICS so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

How do you delete a photo from your instant upload folder? I have been trying for two days with no luck

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Default Re: Need help with three things!

Quote Originally Posted by elamb23 View Post
    How do you delete a photo from your instant upload folder? I have been trying for two days with no luck

Sent from my Kindle Fire
    im guessing these are your pics.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alphanu22 View Post
    im guessing these are your pics.
    Yeah...they sync with my device automatically

Quote Originally Posted by elamb23 View Post
    Yeah...they sync with my device automatically

these are your G+ pics, cant delete off phone. unless you delete from your albums on G+

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alphanu22 View Post
    these are your G+ pics, cant delete off phone. unless you delete from your albums on G+
    Thank you, worked... they are gone.

Wow i cant believe noone suggested a quick dial icon on the home screen. So,

1. Go to widgets, and in there you will find a widget that says direct dial (i think) and another that says direct message. Simply tap the dial option for your quick dial and choose your contact. It will put an icon on your home screen that you can just press and it will dial the number you said to dial. I personally have two folders on my home screen, one with my most 5 dialed people and another with my 5 most messaged. This will fix your speed dial issue in a much more powerful way.

2. Go to the market and download LightFlow. This will not only ensure notifications, but it will let you program the color of the LED for each action. For example, i have it set so that if a new text comes in, i will see a green LED, but if its email, its red.

3. Looks like this one has already been fixed for you!

Enjoy ICS! Its the most amazing and magical Android yet :-)

ROM
    Bugless Beast

^^^ We have a winner!