- 3 Posts
- ICS 4.0.2
Need help with three things!
Need help with my Galaxy Nexus:
1. No speed dial--do I just have to live with this?
2. No email or message notifications on screen icons, and my LED notification light never goes on.
3. No menu option to delete photos from Gallery.
- 01-01-2012, 10:47 AM #2
- 27 Posts
Is this your first time with an Android device? I use the Quickdial app for my speed dial, its the best I found. There are no icon number showing notifications. You have to activate notifications...but they will be in the upper bar area when they come in. When you drag that down you will see them. This is how Android phones work. Good luck!
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
- 01-01-2012, 10:48 AM #3
- 01-01-2012, 10:52 AM #4Now using God's Phone
- 248 Posts
1. ICS tracks your frequently dialed people at the top of the contact list in the phone app. As such, no limited favorites list is needed.
2. There are no badges. ICS uses notifications exclusively. It's actually much cleaner than using badges.
3. You need to long press to select first. Once you do, the menu will have delete as an option.
I've only had the gnex for 3 days, but already I see how embracing the ICS way is more powerful than iOS. ICS isn't as mind numbingly easy, but with such flexibility comes complexity.
I love ICS so far.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
- 01-01-2012, 11:32 AM #5
- 01-01-2012, 12:27 PM #6
- 01-01-2012, 12:36 PM #7
- 01-01-2012, 12:44 PM #8
- 01-01-2012, 12:47 PM #9
- 01-01-2012, 01:05 PM #10
Re: Need help with three things!
Wow i cant believe noone suggested a quick dial icon on the home screen. So,
1. Go to widgets, and in there you will find a widget that says direct dial (i think) and another that says direct message. Simply tap the dial option for your quick dial and choose your contact. It will put an icon on your home screen that you can just press and it will dial the number you said to dial. I personally have two folders on my home screen, one with my most 5 dialed people and another with my 5 most messaged. This will fix your speed dial issue in a much more powerful way.
2. Go to the market and download LightFlow. This will not only ensure notifications, but it will let you program the color of the LED for each action. For example, i have it set so that if a new text comes in, i will see a green LED, but if its email, its red.
3. Looks like this one has already been fixed for you!
Enjoy ICS! Its the most amazing and magical Android yet :-)
- 01-01-2012, 02:37 PM #11