Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Default Re: Best app for finding/locking lost or stolen phone?

I use fetch my droi but don't have a need for remote wipe.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Gigantic Member

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm 2.3

Cerebus for me! Even allows you to take a picture with the front camera when the "thief" swipes away the customs message you sent to you phone, and emails you the photo!
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Quote Originally Posted by TabGuy View Post
    I've tried Lookout. I've tried AndroidLost. I've tried Find My Droid. I eventually tried and settled on Cerberus. Very powerful, all the features including wipe, lockout, etc. I can manage up to 5 phones from one account.
    Can you send an sms from another phone if you lose your phone in your house?

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    Can you send an sms from another phone if you lose your phone in your house?

With AndroidLost, through the website you can unlock it, send a message, make it ring, vibrate etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    I use fetch my droi but don't have a need for remote wipe.

I thought that too. Until I dropped my phone and destroyed the screen. The phone still worked but I just couldn't see anything. Before I turned it over to the phone company for a replacement I wanted to make sure it was wiped. I'm glad I had Cerberus installed.

This should be built into the hardware by manufacturers. It has a hardware address and it's relatively useless if it's not connected to phone or internet data. If it's stolen, there's no reason it should ever work again. If that was the case, no-one would steal phones.

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tower72 View Post
    Cerebus for me! Even allows you to take a picture with the front camera when the "thief" swipes away the customs message you sent to you phone, and emails you the photo!
    Definitely a vote for Cerberus!! Can make it snap pics, wipe it, make it ring, get a gps fix, anything you want. From a PC or other phone even.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollster View Post
    This should be built into the hardware by manufacturers. It has a hardware address and it's relatively useless if it's not connected to phone or internet data. If it's stolen, there's no reason it should ever work again. If that was the case, no-one would steal phones.
    Wouldn't say no one. Would reduce theft but not get rid of it because

1) Thieves can be very dumb. And can still sell to a dumb unaware buyer as well who would get screwed.
    2) Two words. Spare parts.

Still would drop the rate drastically. The hassle of breaking down a phone yourself is huge. I can't imagine phone repair shops would buy hot/non-functional phones but who knows. Maybe spawn phone chop shops.

Would help if all phones started coming with it built in and it was publicized in a huge way. People everywhere would have to know. And it would still take awhile for all phones, or a majority, to sport the new universal hardware features. Until then thieves would still jack and check hoping to get a phone from prior to this future standard.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Just a note for those considering Cerberus or Lookout:

Cerberus gives you a free one week trial, then it's a one-time payment of 2.99 euro
    Lookout is free but you need a Premium subscription ($2.99/month) for remote lock and wipe.

And for those that happen to lose their phone before installing any of the above mentioned apps, there is always Plan B by Lookout (which is free).

Avast also has some of these features but I haven't tried them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

So does Cerberus allow you to send an sms to your phone like where's my Droid?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12