Screen cracked after one week!!!

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I had my phone on my lap and got out of my car, the phone fell about two feet onto the cement driveway. When i picked it up i looked at what appeared to be a harmless fall...I was wrong. The screen cracked!!! I've only had the phone for one week. I just came from the droid incredible and dropped it at least ten HARD times without any cracking!! What is up with this? Doesn't google think about normal wear and tear of phones when they make them. They know they are going to get dropped, it's inevitible when you depend on your phone as much as we do.

My question is this, has anyone had this problem and has it been resolved by verizon. I did not purchase insurance. Is it worth fighting with verizon over and/or how much is a replacement screen??

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
i blame them for making such and easily breakable device! I spend the money for an expensive, latest and greatest phone, and it breaks from a seemingly harmless fall! All phones should have gorllia glass!

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
No case? Shame on you! Bigger phones take bigger falls. I don't know how Verizon will react. They might say sorry, you should've got a case and/or insurance. I would just explain the issue to them and see what they say.

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
i blame them for making such and easily breakable device! I spend the money for an expensive, latest and greatest phone, and it breaks from a seemingly harmless fall! All phones should have gorllia glass!

You realize gorilla glass is all marketing right? It scratches and breaks.. ITS GLASS!!!!!

Reactions: crzycrkr

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a case, it's the textured black verizone one that has a holster..... It wasn't in the holser though.

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a case, it's the textured black verizone one that has a holster..... It wasn't in the holser though.

Like I said, hit up Verizon Store and explain your story. If that doesn't work, try to call them. Like others have said though, don't be pissed if they say sorry we can't help you.

jhtheking

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I had my phone on my lap and got out of my car, the phone fell about two feet onto the cement driveway. When i picked it up i looked at what appeared to be a harmless fall...I was wrong. The screen cracked!!! I've only had the phone for one week. I just came from the droid incredible and dropped it at least ten HARD times without any cracking!! What is up with this? Doesn't google think about normal wear and tear of phones when they make them. They know they are going to get dropped, it's inevitible when you depend on your phone as much as we do.

My question is this, has anyone had this problem and has it been resolved by verizon. I did not purchase insurance. Is it worth fighting with verizon over and/or how much is a replacement screen??

Nope! They don't think about this because they didn't make the phone. Samsung did

sanjuantech

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened with my friends iPhone and the "Gorilla Glass" did scratch and crack. They are phones and no matter how tough they say there are they can be damaged.

soogriff

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
That's why I keep my GN in an Otterbox Defender. Sure it adds a lot of bulk to the phone, but I've already dropped it on pavement once and it definitely paid for itself that day. Would love to go caseless, but drops happen. and I paid full retail for this thing.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
get the insurance, wait a few days make a claim as if it just happened...u will have to pay a deductible....89.00 to 100.00 dollars...but u should get an entirely new Nexus, and u get to keep all of the extra accessories, i.e. Battery, USB charger, Headphones...

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site

You want Verizon to pay for your clumsiness? Really? The entitlement mentality of some people just scares me.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, don't get your hopes up for Verizon to do anything. I had to fight with them over a crack that was underneath my screen (that I don't believe I was responsible for), and even then, I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up paying for two off contract Galaxy Nexus phones (for a total of $1400). @_@

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
They will see it as not their fault. They will say you were offered the insurance and declined. They even make you sign to decline to avoid stuff like this. You can call and ask but as stated I wouldn't get your hopes up. As for the build its a phone. Its glass and it has a lot of glass. Just needs to hit the right spot. Between my droid and my droid x I only dropped the x once and was lucky. I would freak if I broke the nexus screen and I'm waiting for the android central store to get the otter box.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

I drop mine twice on to the concrete. I have the same case and you Screen protector Not even a scratch on my phone. I got the insurance also. The last time I tried to catch it but ended up spinning it.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and got insurance for the first time in my life. I usually drop a phone a couple good times and I've already dropped my Nexus twice .... luckily it didn't break. I like to keep it in my lab coat which isn't a good thing because that's where it seems to like to drop from.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463