Can't send email. Settings are definitely correct

gnznroses

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Got my Nexus the day it came out and have never been able to send email. Inbound works fine, but not outbound. I upgraded from a Droid 1 which always worked. I've checked my settings a dozen times and they're definitely correct. I've compared them side by side with the Droid and with Thunderbird on my PC. Yet every time I try to send it just says "Connection Problem" with no further details.

I have my own mail server on my own domain.

Using the stock Email app.

I was only about 90% sure of my password, but if I change it to anything else then it'll tell me that the password isn't correct, so that's not the issue either.

gnznroses

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
POP/SMTP

What do you mean by service provider?
It's a dedicated server for my company. It runs Dovecot as the mail server.
We use SSL, and I have all of my email clients set to "SSL: Accept All Certificates" since the ssl certificate for our email is self-signed.
Everything is set up the same as before

I have another server too for another company. I tried it just now and it works fine.

gnznroses

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
OK it's working now... I removed the account and re-added it, doing Manual setup this time. I bet when I did Automatic last time it did it as IMAP instead (even though I thought POP and IMAP used different ports and the usual POP port was selected)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool