Assistance Needed: Water Damage Indicator?

Fumetsu

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

So I went out for New Years and my battery died overnight. I woke up in the morning and plugged it in and it won't power on, not sure what's up with it. I know I didn't drop it at any point since I got it on Christmas and as far as I know it hasn't been exposed to water. I need to take it into a Verizon store to have them check it out but I want to make sure there's no water damage first.

I see an indicator underneath the battery (white square with red x's throughout). The indicator is different on every phone so I'm not sure if this one is clean or not, don't see any reason why it shouldn't be - can anyone tell me what it looks like with no water damage?

Thanks. :)

Fumetsu

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Aside from my phone not working, it was. :)

Fortunately the pics I got were automatically uploaded to Picasa (thanks Google+!) but I'm going to have to take it in tomorrow and hope they replace it with no issues. Back to my Sprint Nexus S 4G for now. Geez, the difference in networks is like going from Cable to Dial Up. :(

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
The water indicator is just water soluble ink. If water gets in, it smears or dissolves completely. If you have clear red lines, you are ok.

Eggshen

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Try and power the phone on without the battery in and have it connected to a wall charger. I'm not sure why but when I had the Bionic I had to do it this way a couple times and it would power on. After that I would put the battery back in.

Fumetsu

May 23, 2010
Visit site
@greydarrah - numerous times. :) Both with and without the sim card, tried the three finger salute, even tried a USB jig (I've worked on numerous Galaxy S phones) and nada.

@Eggshen - nice idea - just gave that a shot and also.

Anywho, I hit up Verizon and they're sending me a replacement unit. Hopefully I have better luck with this one. Pretty bummed going back to my Nexus S. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze