1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Annoying electrical buzz

In my car when I have my phone plugged in with power and auxiliary , I will get a really annoying electrical buzz through the speakers. Is this due to a bad charger or is this normal. I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of that so any suggestions are welcome.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Annoying electrical buzz

Quote Originally Posted by Corban227 View Post
    In my car when I have my phone plugged in with power and auxiliary , I will get a really annoying electrical buzz through the speakers. Is this due to a bad charger or is this normal. I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of that so any suggestions are welcome.

You might have a bad AUX connection, either at the phone end or the back of your deck. Have you tried moving the cable around to see if it gets better when in a different position?

Is it there when you unplug the charger?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

It goes away when I unplug the charger, and occasionally when I am driving ( like 20% of the time) the buzz will go away or get really soft.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

It is interference from the power. When I was experiencing that in my truck it went almost completely when I bought better quality audio plug.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

so by better quality audio cable do you mean thicker gauge or better connectors?

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

I hear a buzzing sound from my wall charger when the phone is NOT plugged in. As soon as i plug it in it stops. Kinda annoying. My sister has a GN too and her charger does the same thing

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by Corban227 View Post
    so by better quality audio cable do you mean thicker gauge or better connectors?
    I did both.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

Quote Originally Posted by kamek89 View Post
    I hear a buzzing sound from my wall charger when the phone is NOT plugged in. As soon as i plug it in it stops. Kinda annoying. My sister has a GN too and her charger does the same thing
    I have the same issue, it bugs me as the charger is right by my bed. (at least it serves as a reminder to plug my phone in at night)

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

You need a ground loop hum eliminator. You probably find a cheaper one but here is a link for one (see below).. I had this same problem when charging my phone and listening to music. This is very common.. You can read more about it by googling "ground loop hum"

http://www.amazon.com/GROUND-LOOP-IS...idcentral00-20

i am now seeing a blueish circle when i press the home, arrow back and apps opened "buttons" @ bottom of nexus. anyone have any ideas how to keep it from doing that?? i didn't notice it doing that until yesterday.