Scuff marks under the glass

Ftnguyen1

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Received my Galaxy Nexus on the 29th and noticed some faint marks on my screen that persist across homepages and apps. They kind of look like quarter inch scuff marks that appear to be underneath the glass. Its a little hard to see with certain background colors but now that i found them i cant stop looking at them. Has anyone else had a GN with this issue?

I ordered mine through amazonwireless and they are unable to exchange it for me since they are on backorder. The guy that i talked to said that if it comes off of backorder before my 30 day return period, i could call in and get an exchange setup. They also offered me 30 dollars amazon credit if i kept this phone, but id rather have a new GN without any issues. I also called samsung and they said that the warranty does not cover screen damage even though it appears to be a manufacturer defect and all they can do is repair it and charge me for the repairs. Can anyone think of any other options i have to hopefully get a replacement.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Received my Galaxy Nexus on the 29th and noticed some faint marks on my screen that persist across homepages and apps. They kind of look like quarter inch scuff marks that appear to be underneath the glass. Its a little hard to see with certain background colors but now that i found them i cant stop looking at them. Has anyone else had a GN with this issue?

I ordered mine through amazonwireless and they are unable to exchange it for me since they are on backorder. The guy that i talked to said that if it comes off of backorder before my 30 day return period, i could call in and get an exchange setup. They also offered me 30 dollars amazon credit if i kept this phone, but id rather have a new GN without any issues. I also called samsung and they said that the warranty does not cover screen damage even though it appears to be a manufacturer defect and all they can do is repair it and charge me for the repairs. Can anyone think of any other options i have to hopefully get a replacement.

Do a search of the forum. They aren't scuffs, but are the screen.

Ftnguyen1

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Tried searching the forums but didn't really see anything regarding it except one post which mentioned a white smudge. Are you saying that my scuff/smudge is just a normal part of the screen? It doesn't seem like its the same issue as the other posts regarding screen defects I've read.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
call again. I am getting mine exchanged since mine drops signal all the time and they placed an order for me even though it was backordered and told me that I can keep the phone as long as the other phone doesn't ship and if I don't get the phone with in 30 days than I can call back and ask them to email me another return label.

Well and two days later my replacement phone shipped, even though it was back ordered. But right now on the website you cant even place an order, may be thats the problem. But the rep for me did an exchange order and it was estimated to be delivered on jan 16 or 17 but I am already getting mine delivered tomorrow.

Call them and be nice, they have always went out of their way to help me. When I first got sprint from them they exchanged my nexus S for evo 3d 15 days out or return policy, extending it another 2 weeks, but I moved and sprint service sucks here so I moved to verizon.

Ftnguyen1

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Ill give it another shot tomorrow, the guy i spoke to did mention that they hit the maximum for backorders as allowed by samsung though.

flipteg

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
on my phone, i noticed what i thought was a hairline scratch above the speaker. it was only visible under specific lighting angle. upon closer inspection, it was clearly under the glass. last week, when i was at the Verizon store, i checked out their display and to my surprise, it had the same mark at exactly the same place as my phone.