Navigon and Sirius apps shutting down when in the background?

zmonster1

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I had a four hour trip yesterday so I played around with Volume+ and Equalizer, the latter definitely sounds better and less distorted.

One thing I noticed, the apps kept shutting down if they weren't the app that was showing on the screen. Navigon and Sirius would periodically shut off during the trip and when a call would come in or I would read an email, both would shut off and I would need to restart the apps and with Navigon re-enter my destination. I use Task Killer but both apps are set to ignore.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to be able to get a call and just have the programs mute for the length of the call and then go back to normal afterwards.

Thank you,
Z

KarbonKopy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The Sirius app has been crap for awhile now. Take a look at the reviews and you'll see it just gets trashed. They haven't updated it in some time or bothered with any bug fixs...makes me wonder why i pay for the internet radio portion of it....

Like you said above mine restarts all the time, and nothing I have done changes that.

zmonster1

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd even be OK with the Sirius shutting down but the Navigon, I'd rather not miss turns because the GPS has stopped working.

KarbonKopy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I'd even be OK with the Sirius shutting down but the Navigon, I'd rather not miss turns because the GPS has stopped working.

I wish they would fix Sirius, but as far as Navigon goes I don't have the app so I can't comment. Google Nav is what I use and it seems to be fine where ever it might be on the screen. Best of luck on those...sounds like they both need a update!

zmonster1

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I wish they would fix Sirius, but as far as Navigon goes I don't have the app so I can't comment. Google Nav is what I use and it seems to be fine where ever it might be on the screen. Best of luck on those...sounds like they both need a update!

Thanks, I wrote to Navigon. The app is supposed to be compatible but the screens don't fit quite right either when you hit the three dots for settings, you can only see the first letter of each option, this doesn't bother me, I just don't want it turning off.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It's likey part of the same issue, browsers need to be refreshed in order to return to them. True multitasking seems to have evaded 4.0 at least visually.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance