Apps start opening other apps.

shamokin

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Some apps, especially the stock messenger will begin to open other apps. I'll have to manually force close the app to get to open itself. When I click on messenger it will open the market place, even tapatalk has opened something else instead. Any ideas?

dsuppa

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
def have to keep an eye on this, happens to me all the time and it drives me nuts, usually with messenger and Music app.

devoid99

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had this happen from time to time. I've also had it happen when I accessed gps settings. It opened up an app that I hadn't used in a while. Ended up uninstalling the app just to avoid the issue.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me twice. I had both the music app and Kik Messenger running and when I was back at the home screen to select the music app, it kept 'opening' Kik instead. Backed out of Kik and it self resolved in a few minutes. Hasn't happened since. I wonder what caused that.

Bessie7o7

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I have had this happen a few times. Only with the stock messenger app opening other apps. Hopefully its a bug and gets fixed quickly.

rjnexus

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting this! It was driving me nuts. First the stock music app kept opening a browser or the android market-- I had to uninstall it and reinstall it for it to work again. Then the stock messaging app kept opening up a browser. I did as recommended-- I cleared all the recently used apps in the multitasking tray then rebooted. My messaging app is back to normal. My phone is right out of the box though. It's very strange to have these problems. Thanks again!:)

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
The stock messenger app was opening Wallet every time I clicked it. Finally had to get into messenger through the notification bar. Once the app opened all has been well since. 3 days ago this happened. Very strange.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante