1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SMS Drafts Wont Go Away!!!

So for whatever reason a select few of my SMS threads create drafts by themselves. After I've sent a message, sometimes a draft is created with just the letter A or a smiley face. I delete the letter and press the back button and the draft goes away but it always returns after a few minutes. Bottom line, I can't seem to get rid of these drafts which are created by themselves. I delete it comes back, I delete it comes back, its so annoying having that red draft next to 6 out of 30 of my threads. Anybody else had this problem or no how to solve it??
    I wish I worked at google

ROM
    MIUI

Default Re: SMS Drafts Wont Go Away!!!

Try to clear data and cache of the mms app

I am having the same issue. Sometimes I can delete the draft and it goes away for good, sometimes it returns randomly.

ROM
    stock

Yea I had been having this issue on my Nexus S 4G as soon as I flashed ICS on it. Very annoying. I think I might have seen it once or twice on my GNex so far, but can't say for sure. Hope they fix it
    ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+

Having the same issue here. Not all the time, just sometimes.

Sometimes i just end up editing the draft to say hi and send it just to move on.

ROM
    4.0.3 Codename 1.5.0

Google Plus never has this issue... think of switching...
    DaPoets
    ~ Galaxy Nexus LTE Codename Android ROM 1.6 (ICS 4.0.3)
    ~ Motorola Xoom LTE Codename Android ROM 1.5.5 (ICS 4.0.3)
    ~ Droid Charge as 24/7 4G Unlimited Tether Bot on Stock
    G1000 -> PPC6600 -> PPC6700 -> OG Droid -> Galaxy S Fascinate -> Pure Bliss
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DaPoets View Post
    What does google plus have to do with text messaging?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by verizonjolly View Post
    So for whatever reason a select few of my SMS threads create drafts by themselves. After I've sent a message, sometimes a draft is created with just the letter A or a smiley face. I delete the letter and press the back button and the draft goes away but it always returns after a few minutes. Bottom line, I can't seem to get rid of these drafts which are created by themselves. I delete it comes back, I delete it comes back, its so annoying having that red draft next to 6 out of 30 of my threads. Anybody else had this problem or no how to solve it??
    Are you using stock messaging or another application such as handcent?

I am curious since I've seen the same bug and thought it was a handcent bug. But sounding more like an ics thing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Thunderbolter

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by DaPoets View Post
    Someone needs to stop drunk Tapatalkin'.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

I'm running stock and have had the same thing happen. The only way I was able to get rid of the draft returning was to delete that particular message thread.

I'm getting the same issue. I keep getting a draft message that keeps coming back unless I send the message.

Global Posts
    1,237 Global Posts

sometimes after i send a picture it will show up later in the day as a draft
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I'm using the stock messaging app. I know that it goes away after sending the draft but wth, the draft should be able to be deleted without resending, and the draft shouldn't be there in the first place. It's so strange cuz a draft just randomly appears even when nothing has been touched, I dont get it but yes it's obviously an ICS issue from what u guys have been saying. Guess I'm kinda glad it's not just me.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanicusRex View Post
    Are you using stock messaging or another application such as handcent?

I am curious since I've seen the same bug and thought it was a handcent bug. But sounding more like an ics thing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    I am having the same issue as everyone else and am just using the basic sms thats comes with the OS

Try going to the Handcent home screen where it lists all of your threads. Hit the option key on your phone to bring up the menu options. Click "More", and then click Drafts. It will show a list of all of your drafts. Long click on them and delete.

It won't stop them from being created, but it will at least let you clean them up when it happens. The same thing happened to me and this fixed it.

@Dracolis: This works, but the stupid thing is that all of the "drafts" were empty. I get this bug on occasion when I start typing a message and then decide later that I don't want to send it.

I hate this crap too. I always goto the message with drafts and hit the backspace.... I have never had this not work!! It seems like when you open a message it automatically puts a space in the reply box..