Droid Razr and Nexus sale numbers are equal

Blitzdroid

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Verizon will probably never release any sale numbers for their phones. We can go to their website at verizonwireless.com and see the number of user reviews and this will give an idea of which has sold more.

Right now, the number of user reviews for both phones are the same with around 690 reviews. The razr had a 1month head start and the nexus caught up. Rezound has 1/3 the number of reviews compared to Nexus so maybe 1/3 the sales.

There are also separate reviews for the white Razr so if you count that as well, Razr currently has the lead.
Nexus will probably surpass both black and white Razr user reviews in a week.

Finally their best selling 4g LTE phone is HTC Thunderbolt with 5600 user reviews. It was rumored that Thunderbolt outsold the iphone 4 during March of 2011. I wonder if Razr or Nexus will ever reach that number of user reviews.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Reviews have nothing to do with how many phones have sold. It is just random, I bet only 1 or 2 out of ten people go out and leave a review. I have never left one myself.

E.T.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Reviews have nothing to do with how many phones have sold. It is just random, I bet only 1 or 2 out of ten people go out and leave a review. I have never left one myself.

I don't know... it may not be an exactly perfect fit, but its probably a decent metric to get relative numbers...

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Judging from how it's listed on Amazon and their disclaimer regarding high demand, I'll guess the Nexus is selling very well. I'd say the Razr is popular too but it's hard to say if it's more or less.

Bcarp22

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure that reviews are a very good metric for sales. As was mentioned above, only a small percentage of people will leave a review for the phone that they purchased. I would venture to say that most people on these forums are not going onto Verizon's website and leaving reviews. They are commenting here in the threads. At the end of the day the only way we will know how many devices are sold is if either Verizon, Samsung, Motorola, or Google mention the number of units sold for a specific device during a quarterly analyst call. There may be other ways to glean insight but I don't know that reviews on Verizon's site is the best metric

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma