Backup and Reset?

brianrackle

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I am going to get a replacement Galaxy Nexus because mine has screen problems. I am unrooted, and have customized my homescreens, apps and widgets just how I want them. If I check "Backup my data" in the "Backup and Reset" settings will that let me automatically get all apps, folders and widgets onto my replacement phone?

And will the applications remember all their settings, for instance will skype remember my username and password, and sync options?

If not is there anyway for me to get an image of my phone so I can re-image the new phone?

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I am going to get a replacement Galaxy Nexus because mine has screen problems. I am unrooted, and have customized my homescreens, apps and widgets just how I want them. If I check "Backup my data" in the "Backup and Reset" settings will that let me automatically get all apps, folders and widgets onto my replacement phone?

And will the applications remember all their settings, for instance will skype remember my username and password, and sync options?

If not is there anyway for me to get an image of my phone so I can re-image the new phone?

On mine it remembered everything except Facebook didn't keep my info. Nice feature Google added

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
For the most part, apps will not save the data. The Google account will remember certain things, like bookmarks, wifi passwords, etc., but most data will be lost. You can actually see all the saved data for your Google account by going to Dashboard on a computer and then looking under Android Devices

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Its simple root the nexus install rom manger flash cwr then make a backup of your then transfer that fike to pc get new phone root add the file back to sdcard load rom manager then cwr boot up into recovery back up restore then advance restore select data click yes and wait.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk