LOL @ VZW on Facebook

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
They made a post about facial recognition on the Galaxy Nexus.

The majority of the comments and responses so far have not been good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

zulu308

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
i had fr turned on for 4 hrs and then turned it off. everytime I pulled out my phone to see what time it was, it would unlock the phone.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
i had fr turned on for 4 hrs and then turned it off. everytime I pulled out my phone to see what time it was, it would unlock the phone.

They have these things you strap to your wrist that tell time. Its called a watch. I suggest you buy one. I joke...

I just hit the unlock button take a quick look at what notifications I may have and press it again to lock it back up.

I use the face unlock all the time. Love it!

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I find the face recognition works better than expected. You need to train it w/repeated scans. The only bad situations seem to be strong directional light hitting the camera like in the car on a sunny day, and of course, very low light

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
I had it on for a while and I thought it worked great, however it began to be a hassle in low-light conditions so I disabled it in favor of a pattern lock. Another thing, having the camera on so many times even for such a short period will eventually account for some battery drain.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I think it's a nice novelty but I rather have the use of the sliding lockscreen with quick access to the camera. Otherwise it has been rather quick for the periods of time that I have used it.