computer doesnt recognize galaxy nexus

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I am trying to connect my Gnex to my computer. I have tried several USB cables and nothing. The computer doesn't see the phone and the phone isn't even charging.

Am I missing something?

mozy

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to connect my Gnex to my computer. I have tried several USB cables and nothing. The computer doesn't see the phone and the phone isn't even charging.

Am I missing something?

An ability to appropriately title a thread for one.

Make sure you have the appropriate drivers for the phone - they are available on-line.

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Front mounted usb ports? If so try the back ports on the pc some times front mounted are picky. Did you try any other computers or usb ports?

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I just installed the Verizon_Wireless_I515_Galaxy_Nexus_USB_Driver_v1.4.6.0.exe and still nothing. I have tried every port and two cables.
When I got the phone I transferred my data over from my Thunderbird with the usb cable.

Still Stumped

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
This doesn't make sense. Even if you didn't setup the phone correctly in device manager, it should still charge.

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site

Am I missing something?

Does the usb icon show up on the phone (top left)? If not, it's most likely a physical problem with the connection. If you have another computer, connect the phone to that computer with the same cable and see if it's recognized. If it is, then it's your computer (try a different port / reboot and try again / download driver). If it isn't then most likely it's the phone or the cable.

I'm using win7 pro 64-bit and haven't had to install any driver. I simply plugged the phone in and that was it (sometimes you have to plug in twice). You should see the usb icon on the phone and if you use the pull down shade, you can verify that it's set to 'connect as a Media Device".

mozy

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
You can also connect to your phone via the internet using an app called browsix.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I spent an hour on the phone with Verizon. Last ditch effort was to factory reset. Still no computer interface. I am off to the verizon store for a replacement unit today.

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that my PC will recognize my device, but I couldn't access any files.

The solution was to check the USB Debugging option under Developers Options in Settings. Once I checked that option then it recognized the folders and I could read/write to the Nexus.

ithinkimjoe

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
same thing is happening to me. i'll be off to vzw tomorrow to get a new one. this and the 7 hour battery life i'm getting in standby is ridiculous.

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I did try the USB debugging, both on and off on two seperate computers with two seperate cables. When I plugged my Xoom in it worked just fine.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I guess you did try the cable that came with the phone? What computer operating system are you using?
I am on Windows 7 32 bit and as soon as I plugged in the phone it recognized it and downloaded drivers, however I was on as a regular user and perhaps the drivers did not install correctly because I could not copy or paste files even though the phone was listed as a device in the file manager.

Later I logged on to the computer as administrator, connected the phone and again the computer downloaded drivers and this time everything worked fine. The only thing I discovered was that I could not drop files from the computer into an open folder on the phone. As long as the folder on the phone is closed the drag/copy works fine.

Please Let us know how the replacement is working.

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I have a Windows 7 64 bit system. When I got the phone it downloaded the drivers and I loaded my data from my Thunderbolt just fine. Now it doesn't trigger the Laptop to recognize the phone. I have a variety of cables, Is the Samsung cable special in some way?

Aguaski

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I had to download a Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) driver from the Microsoft website before I could view files on my phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey