• 2 Post By kilofoxtrot
  • 1 Post By Mordecaidrake
  • 1 Post By pauldroidr2d2
  • 6 Post By mclarryjr
  • 1 Post By Premium1
  • 1 Post By mclarryjr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Default Verizon Galaxy Nexus .........A flawed phone!

I see a lot of people making excuses for this phone, the truth is that without ICS this would be a middle of the road phone. Sure the screen is top notch but the rest of the phone is horrible!!!! I got the gn on launch day and yes I was making the same excuses as some of the rest of you, but in reality the gn does not meet the bill when it comes to performance.

It's almost embarassing listening to some of the excuses that come from some of you ,when you know deep down that the gn is not a good phone at the moment!! I returned my gn like a lot of others have, but I went one step further.......I went to AT&T !!! Since switching I have never been happier with my service! I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, and am very happy now due to the fact that the phone works as it should!!!

I do miss ICS but we should be getting an upgrade soon enough. The gsm network vs. the cmda network is like night and day .....gsm is far better ....google it sometime!! As far as the camera goes...yes it shoots fast photos, but the photo quality is horrible. I know its not always about the pixels, but why would they put an outdated 5mp camera on their flagship device?

As far as the signal problem....IT DOES EXIST PEOPLE That is why most people are returning this phone!!! They can come out with all the excuses they want , but until they fix this one issue this phone will continue to be returned and people will never truly be happy with it. What good are fast updates if the equipment is flawed? I want a phone that performs the way it should now and not later " after a few updates!"
    Last edited by dion1126; 01-05-2012 at 08:24 AM.
    Thanked by:
    mears 
    mears likes this.
    Android Connoisseur

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

Default Re: Verizon Galaxy Nexus .........A flawed phone!

Thanked by 6:

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Each and every 4G LTE that has been released have had numerous problems. The Nexus is no different.

I'm not sure what forums the OP has been frequenting, but I think the majority of us Nexus owners are aware of its problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
    Thanked by:
    NewAge likes this.

Its been said before....

Galaxy Nexus is for players only!!!
    Thanked by 3:
    NewAge and Premium1 like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Banned

Not trolling ....just speaking my peace on the phone and why I returned it!

Weird I have zero issues with my phone and it performs top notch. Troll.
    Device history:
    Storm 1 > Tour > Droid > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Motorola Razr HD MAXX & Nexus 7
    Thanked by 2:
    Premium1 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by dion1126 View Post
    Not trolling ....just speaking my peace on the phone and why I returned it!
    Lets see, you have 3 posts and one is the op. Keep trying.

Care to id a 4G LTE smartphone on Verizon that is not flawed? What smartphone are you using?
    Premium1 likes this.

ROM
    KaosGingerbread (CM7)

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    What smartphone are you using?

TOO EASY
    sigpic337700_1.gif
    Thanked by:

I am a stalker here on the boards, but am now breaking my silence. It bothers me to see someone come out hating like this post. I just got the GN 4 days ago. I went from an OG Droid to Droid 3 to GN (and returned a TBolt shortly after it came out, the coverage wasn't good in my area at the time and battery life was bad).

The nexus has been amazing. My wife (with the iPhone 4s) had nothing bad to say about the GN (she normal will find flaws she doesn't like with android). My house is in a 3G-only area (for now) and get very weak signal inside my house (0-1 bars on all devices). My work blackberry is with Verizon, and I drop 50% of calls in my house. My Droid 3 also dropped around 25% of calls. My GN has dropped zero calls and I believe it is because the 3G is different in this phone (not the current CDMA technology). All I know is my experience has been phenomenal.

I understand that not everyone will find the phone signal works in their area, or the hardware/software will offer everything they want or need. I believe there are many of us GN owners that are satisfied, and find this to be the mobile device they were waiting and hoping for.
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mordecaidrake View Post
    Weird I have zero issues with my phone and it performs top notch. Troll.
    If you have no problems with your phone ....great!!!! You are the minority not the majority!!! I can't believe that you people are so fanatical about a phone that you would be offended by someone else who doesn't like the phone!! I have nothing else to say......Have a nice GEEKY life......WOW!!!

It's unfortunate you don't find the Nexus to your liking. Understandably, as with any phone, it's not for everyone.

Enjoy your SGSII Skyrocket!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShiZero View Post

TOO EASY
    If you read my initial post ......I have the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket!!

ROM
    Something new!

I've also had zero issues....I think a majority of people problem have few to no issues....but the majority of people that post about a phone (or any device for that matter) are the ones with issues so it greatly skews the preception about issues.
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

If you have no problems with your phone ....great!!!! You are the minority not the majority!!! I can't believe that you people are so fanatical about a phone that you would be offended by someone else who doesn't like the phone!! I have nothing else to say......Have a nice GEEKY life......WOW!!!
    If you would like to discuss why you didn't care for your Nexus feel free but please don't upset when others are enjoying their phones.

I must be in the minority too because I'm very happy with mine it could have a better reception but I have never owned a phone without any flaws. As for AT&T I love the fact when I go in northern Michigan I have to use my tethering app's so my AT&T friend can use their phones since they can't get a signal.

Ok let me get this straight. You returned the nexus and went to at&t and have a skyrocket. So why are you coming on a verizon forum saying you returned a phone? You can fill in the details and see why people call you a troll. Not to mention you have 3 posts and if you are so happy with the skyrocket go sing its praises in its own forum. Simple as that. I have no issues with the nexus and maybe I am the minority but for me it works so I do not care if I am indeed in the minority. The nexus isn't for everyone and clueless people like yourself do not understand that.
    Thanked by:
    rew001 
    rew001 likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    If you would like to discuss why you didn't care for your Nexus feel free but please don't upset when others are enjoying their phones.
    Not upset ....just amazed at some people, seems like they are upset because I didn't like the phone ......Moderator!

Quote Originally Posted by Nechasin View Post
    I've also had zero issues....I think a majority of people problem have few to no issues....but the majority of people that post about a phone (or any device for that matter) are the ones with issues so it greatly skews the preception about issues.
    Exactly!! People with no issues or few issues rarely post about the phone it is only those with issues that post which makes it seem like everyone has issues when that is far from the case.
    Thanked by:

I agree to a point. It does seem like there are so many people who trot to the defense of the nexus as if it is perfect and contradict anyone who says it has problems calling them trolls.

I don't have signal, wifi, usb transfer, or bootloop issues.
    However, I do have a problem with the camera quality, the BT voice dialing, and the javascript problems.
    I don't understand why people can't acknowledge the flaws in the Nexus, especially since every phone ever made has flaws, yes, that includes the iphone.

For those who say you have NO issues, I'm pretty sure I can prove you wrong.

Set your browser to desktop mode. Login to google.com, tap change background image in the lower left corner, then attempt to select an image.

Or you can login to google.com from a PC, change your background image there. Then from the nexus in desktop mode, login to google.com. You will see that the browser displays the image and only the image. The search bar is missing, as are the tabs across the top.

Those are javascript problems.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    Ok let me get this straight. You returned the nexus and went to at&t and have a skyrocket. So why are you coming on a verizon forum saying you returned a phone? You can fill in the details and see why people call you a troll. Not to mention you have 3 posts and if you are so happy with the skyrocket go sing its praises in its own forum. Simple as that. I have no issues with the nexus and maybe I am the minority but for me it works so I do not care if I am indeed in the minority. The nexus isn't for everyone and clueless people like yourself do not understand that.
    Like I said ........GEEKS!!!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Closing thread since the OP is no longer with us.
    Thanked by 9:
    dubge likes this.