Where's the notification light on this thing?

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Is it on the bottom center? I don't think mine blinks, how do I make it light up? Someone posted they could make it blink different colors for different notifications, if so how do you do that? It's something the BB was good at back in the day (maybe the only thing lol)

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
First make sure the notification light is turned on in settings/display.
a6f800f4-f389-83ef.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
download lightflow and you will be a happy individual.

i have blue for all text messages. i have white for all social network messages, green for all emails. and red for all missed calls.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
You should also note it will only blink on notifications when the display is off. I also believe the notification light setting is embedded in some app settings as well in addition to the system settings.

Also I agree LightFlow is the best so far in changing the notification light colors. Works pretty well.

RyMac04

BB Convert
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
coming from a BlackBerry - the LED is a must for me - and I might be making this up, but does it flash faster when there are more notifications??

I need to get LightFlow - i heard it drains battery/ runs in the background a lot?

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
coming from a BlackBerry - the LED is a must for me - and I might be making this up, but does it flash faster when there are more notifications??

I need to get LightFlow - i heard it drains battery/ runs in the background a lot?

Totally drained the battery on mine. It was keeping the phone awake all the time. I uninstalled it and, oddly, the notification colors that I set in Lightflow have persisted. They don't stay on as long, but the colors at least distinguish the kind of notification for me. That was a pleasant surprise. :)

Last edited:

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

the native OS on the phone pretty much wastes the LED. As others mentioned Light Flow goes a long way towards using the mutlicolored, tastefully positioned LED .(I hated it on the top of the blackberry curve. too conspicuous in a meeting or while on the belt)

I found the settings in Light Flow bit complicated. It works well w/most alerts, not well with battery charging and status.

The settings have controls for both the speed of the blinking and the duration the alerts will last for. I don't think Lightflow uses much of the battery just by running in the background

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
the native OS on the phone pretty much wastes the LED. As others mentioned Light Flow goes a long way towards using the mutlicolored, tastefully positioned LED .(I hated it on the top of the blackberry curve. too conspicuous in a meeting or while on the belt)

I found the settings in Light Flow bit complicated. It works well w/most alerts, not well with battery charging and status.

The settings have controls for both the speed of the blinking and the duration the alerts will last for. I don't think Lightflow uses much of the battery just by running in the background

I had trouble with charging status at first, but I got it working really well now. I have it solid red while it's charging and then have it change to solid blue when it's charged to 100%.

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Lightflow doesn't even show up in the Battery Usage listing, it registers so little (at least on mine). I wouldn't worry too much about it draining your battery, based on my own results (but others apparently have issues, don't know why).

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
nope its on the bottom center, near the charger end.
lightflow is great. well worth it the $2. plus you get all other notification customizations, like controlling the vibrating amount, or turning off sounds when the screen is off (which i absolutely love).
lightflow doesn't use much power at all for me.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
nope its on the bottom center, near the charger end.
Then it's not gonna work for me, I use a vertical pouch case. When I had a BB there was a hole cut out at the top of the case so I could see the blinky light through it. Oh well, thanks for saving me the $2 :D

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
If anyone has the gumption to do so, flash a custom rom called Android Open Kang Project or AOKP for short.

There are settings baked into the rom to control led color, and pulse duration. It doesn't drain battery. Plus you get all the goodness that comes with a custom rom.

mm213

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone :)

Well I just got my Galaxy Nexus couple days back I need to check on something about the notification led....about the white color, is it totally white or it has some green hue on the edge?

Cause mine have a collection of hue colors when i put it on white , but if i put it on other color like red or blue it gives pure red and pure blue

rayzaname

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone :)

Well I just got my Galaxy Nexus couple days back I need to check on something about the notification led....about the white color, is it totally white or it has some green hue on the edge?

Cause mine have a collection of hue colors when i put it on white , but if i put it on other color like red or blue it gives pure red and pure blue

The LED arrangement is comprised of red, green, and blue lights. To get white, it illuminates all 3 colors. Up close, it won't appear to be completely white and is normal if you see a greenish or blue tint. This is true for many other phones/devices.

Reactions: mm213

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power