slayer91790

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Anyone getting them? I don't get a lot but I get some there and there. Mostly if Im multitasking it like music and browser.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I have had my phone since launch day, and I have had one spontaneous reboot. Maybe you have an app that isn't properly optimized for ICS and it's causing problems.

rog152

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded an app called Battery XL, it started rebooting a lot. I uninstalled the app and not one reboot. I has to be an app you installed.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I tried to use gps and maps makes the phone reboot after shutting the screen down. So basically i had a two hour trip and maps will tell me I have 33 miles on the same road. So I lock the screen because there is no need to leave the screen on, and then the phone will reboot pretty much a minute after I lock the screen. Did it about 4 times, I can pretty much recreate the issue. So if it's apps then google maps is not optimized for ics. The phone has only rebooted once while not using maps.Any one else have this problem or should I swap mine out?

Urgo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I haven't gotten them too much lately but I haven't been pushing the phone too much either. I was getting them quite often around xmas when I was traveling and using tethering a lot. My guess was the phone was overheating in hotspot mode...

stabbedintheface

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I always get them when streaming music for hours.

I stream at work and noticed that usually at about hour 6 it just restarts

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

pppilot

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I got my first VZ GNex on 12/16. It worked fine for about 7 - 10 days until the screen would turn of by itself sometimes while I was was using it and other times while it was laying on my desk (not timeout). Sometimes it wouldn't come out of sleep mode, or at least the screen would not illuminate when the power button was pressed. Sometimes when trying to get it out of sleep mode by pressing the power button, I could see the screen come on very dimly for about 1/4 second then go out again. When it did this, I could see the lock screen. But I was never able to get back to the home screen (or any other screen for that matter) without pulling the battery. This problem became more frequent with time. Initially, pulling the battery for 30 seconds did the trick. As time went on, I had to keep the battery out for about 10 minutes or so in order for the device to reboot!

So two days ago, I had enough of this and went down to the VZW store and they agreed to give me a new phone. So far, that problem has not recurred. However, today I was listening to Pandora and the SOB rebooted itself. To my knowledge, my first GNex never rebooted itself.

I did install LightFlow today, but have no idea if that may have anything to do with the reboot. If this continues, I will uninstall LightFlow and see what happens. But at this point and based on other posts here, I doubt it has anything to do with LightFlow.

Stock ROM, Unrooted.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Ive had the phone since December 15th. Ive had 2 reboots since then. Both times when using the stock browser. Both times while typing in a web address. Kind of bothers me since the stock browser came with the phone, you think it wouldn't cause problems.

dimsdale

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine since launch day. I didn't get reboots in the beginning, but have been getting them more lately. Maybe 1/day if I'm using it heavily.
If it gets to me, I'll wipe the phone and add apps more slowly.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I get one every day, it seems to happen most when I am typing out a text. I use the stock messenger and Swiftkey, but it could be just about anything.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine since launch day. I didn't get reboots in the beginning, but have been getting them more lately. Maybe 1/day if I'm using it heavily.
If it gets to me, I'll wipe the phone and add apps more slowly.

The best thing about the GNex rebooting is that in 30 seconds, you are right back at it.