Calendar help questions

srfoot

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Stock calendar. All looks good when I look at the calendar on google/computer.
Phone set to sync with my google calendar and add on calendars.
I have repeating events, add on calendars for sports, holidays, phases of the moon and regular calendar entries.
Set on my phone to sync all of these.
When I open the calendar on the phone it does not show the sports. There are solid colored lines across the top of the calendar with no printing visible. When I click on one it brings up the edit screen for that entry.(the repeating events)
Are all these issues due to a buggy app? Hope to fix in an update? Or do I need to change something on the phone?
Thank you.

mikesaimname

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I just happened to catch this one and know the answer....even though the answer sucks...

For whatever reason, google does not allow the syncing of the native sports calendars through gmail.

The support person I spoke to said there was no eta for any resolution and may as well of said "never gonna happen"

What I did as a solution is I created a new calendar and titled it "jets 2011" or "knicks 11-12" obviously, use your team there...then i found the lineup of games online someplace as a premade calendar file...imported it and viola...theres my sports...

Its not perfect, but it'll work

srfoot

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't take credit for figuring this out.

Go to yahoo.com

Go to sports. Pick your team. Go to schedules. Click on your team. There is an option to add this to your calendar. One option is google. Pick this. It will open google screen and you need to sign in. Add this to your calendar. On your phone, resync your calendar. Go onto settings on your calendar and check off new calendars to display and then go to calendars to sync and make sure checked. Now resync calendar. Worked for me.
You can then go back to google calendar and under the other calendar options, click on one of your new calendars (sport team) and there will be a drop down list so you can change the color of the events to match your sports team.
Enjoy.
There are threads as to why The google calendar sports calendar will not sync to your phone.

Reactions: Strommer

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae