Calendar Sync

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is a galaxy nexus question, or a google-in-general question, but I'm having an issue with my calendar. I have my class schedule on my google cal where I put each class in once, then have them repeat on whatever days until the end of the semester. Then I go through and delete on the days where I have off (e.g.; Spring Break). So on my computer, the week of spring break is completely blank, but on my phone three days of class are still showing up (Thursday and Friday deleted correctly, but Monday-Wednesday did not). Whenever I try to delete the events straight from my phone, they pop back up again after a minute or so.

I already tried clearing my calendar data and re-syncing, but those three days keep coming back. I have no idea where the phone is pulling those events from since they don't exist on my actual google cal (or my apple calendar, which is also synced to my google calendar). It's not a huge deal, it's just messing with my OCD.. Any thoughts?

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick update -- I did some searching around the internet, and apparently a lot of people have been posting about events reappearing on their google phones. Unfortunately, none of the forums that discuss the issue seem to have a solution.

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I have an event scheduled for Tuesday that alerted me today...saying in the notification bar the event was tomorrow.

Tyegly

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How long have you had this issue? If you just deleted the classes on those days, give your phone some time to catch up. If you deleted the classes days ago and they won't clear from the phone, I don't know what to tell you.

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
How long have you had this issue? If you just deleted the classes on those days, give your phone some time to catch up. If you deleted the classes days ago and they won't clear from the phone, I don't know what to tell you.

Yea it's been days. It's just weird because if I go to my google calendar using my computer, or even if I go on my phone using the mobile browser, there are no events on those days. But they just keep popping back up on the phone's calendar no matter how many times I delete them. Quite strange really.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Weird... the day i bought my phone my calendar entires showed up on the widget. Few days later everything went and it stayed blank for weeks. Now all of a sudden i look at it today and my appointments are showing for the next week on the widget.

Thank google is tinkering behind the scenes?

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Weird... the day i bought my phone my calendar entires showed up on the widget. Few days later everything went and it stayed blank for weeks. Now all of a sudden i look at it today and my appointments are showing for the next week on the widget.

Thank google is tinkering behind the scenes?

Not sure, but definitely seems like the calendar has some bugs that need fixing.

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
SOLUTION:

Ok, so I still don't really know what was causing the issue. But I was able to fix it by going back to my computer and deleting each of the particular events from the week directly preceding the day that the phantom events were occurring. I chose the option to delete all future events as well. Then I just went in and added the events back manually to all but the days where the events had been reappearing.

Everything seems ok now, despite the annoying work around. :p