Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Unlocked/Rooted

Default email attachment

i use the yahoo mail app and when i tried to download an attachment i was told that i dont not have an app to support that function...any suggestions as far as what i should use for future downloads?...i was also not able to perform the same function on gmail

Default Re: email attachment

what kind of attachment was it? like an office file?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Unlocked/Rooted

no....it was a video....i am just looking for something to help me download regular bs email attachments such as vids and pics

ROM
    BackSide IHO CM7.2

What about dropbox or something like that? Photobucket maybe? Photobucket can be set as private, only to be seen by whom knows the password to album or account, iirc you can send pics and vids through plain text message via email address for those few without smartphone also.

If this didn't help just disregard and write me off as mentally ed

Sent from your mom's phone.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Unlocked/Rooted

bump for more info....

i was trying to open an attachment from yahoo mail app and was told i have "no app installed fpr that action"....i have always been able to click an attachment in the past with other older phones with no problems....what gives?

I had the same problem today, anybody have a answer ?

I had same crap . I got email with video recorded on iphone *.mov . I can't even save it .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

The problem is that you can't watch it either. So, apparently, the phone won't save it. If you have Box, or maybe DropBox, it will save it there. But Android still can't watch the video. Search for how to watch a .MOV file and you might get an app that can watch it as well.

What happens if you go to yahoo.com and try it

Same here. Got a video attached to my gmail email. Couldn't open on phone. Played fine on my laptop.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

what format is the file? .vid .avi .m4a h.264? whatever it is you dont have the codec for it on your phone. sounds strange, but that has to be it.

There's an app called MX Video Player from the Market that's been updated to ICS 4.0 that plays .MOV files

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Bld 33

Will the MX Video Player also play MPEG video's as well.

ROM
    BackSide IHO CM7.2

Quote Originally Posted by scubaz71 View Post
    Will the MX Video Player also play MPEG video's as well.
    Yes. It has played every vid i have thrown at it so far! I like how you scroll left to right, right to left for ff,rw. Up and down on left side for screen brightness and on the right for volume. I wish stock video players were more like mx.

Sent from your mom's phone.