Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23242526
Like Tree44Likes

Default Re: Official Signal Strength and Reception Thread

I have had all these same issues with the VZW GNex since I got it last year. It seems to come and go but has generally improved over time. What is most interesting is that with a rooted phone running Cyanogen 10.1 the problem has completely gone away. My signal strength is still less than my wife's HTC Rhyme but I haven't had any problems with total signal loss or gray signla bars since Cyanogen 10.1 (Android 4.2).

Got my nexus a month after release. I love everything about it, except the signal. In the basement where I work, other Verizon branded devices (iPhone, Motorola's, Samsung's) get sometimes 3-4 bars and sometimes even 4G!. I'm lucky to get 1, mostly not even that. My wife got an S4 but I cautioned her about the radios. So far, she's good, but she doesn't down in the dungeon like I do. Hell, even a Sprint S3 co-worker gets more bars than me and Sprint sucks in my town!!

Man, I've had my Gnex for 13 months (of course I'm not lucky enough to have things go to **** while still under warranty)... All of a sudden, I can't pick up a 4g connection to save my life. My wife's Lucid is getting 3-4 bars 4g and I'm struggling to get a single 3g bar. Something fell apart. I'm thinking/hoping it's the SIM card. I don't really feel like buying a new phone off contract right now.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,011 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I don't go by bars, just by dbm but mine are always 15-20 higher than friends with the S3, the Razr, the Note 2 and the Razr M and of course the Iphone 4s.

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

I just installed the 4.2.2 radio zip in hopes it would improve the signal situation but nooooooooooooooooooooo why would it. Sitting in my living room with 1 bar of 3G. Not even going to bother testing it in NYC tomorrow. I already know what its going to be like.
    Real ****ty that the Gnex was the bee's knees and here not even 2 years later and were stuck with a crappy radio'd device. Go figure. YOU'RE WELCOME VERIZON!!!

OK I feel better now.
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.

Only so much can be done in terms of software/firmware updates for the radios. Samsung didn't use a good radio/modem in the GNex. I have the same problem with my GNex on Sprint.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23242526