Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 26 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Official Signal Strength and Reception Thread

Sitting side by side with my bionic. Bionic=4-5 bars ; nexus =0-1 bars. How is that possible? Is this a software or hardware issue on the nexus? Should i be concerned ? Is this a bug that can be fixed. Thoughts?

Default Re: low signal strength?

i have 4-5 bars of gold and 0-1 bars of platinum...whats worth more?
    stastnysnipes26 likes this.

Yeah mine is unusually low too... call quality seems aver

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

i am having signal issues on phone calls in my hotel room (where i have been since 8/11) and i never had them with my droid x.

well if you really need to make a call the gold is worth more........
    DEES_BANGER likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Does this mean my battery life will suffer as a result. Sinve it is always working harder to get a signal ? Call quality is fine and no data drops. Just concered in rural areas will it be searching for service while my bionic would have service.

check the dbm, not every phone manufacturer measures and displays bars the same. it is all about signal strength and not bars.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Did that. The bionic and my charge have about -86 while the nexus is -100 to -120. Considerably weaker signal. Consitenly about give or take -20 higher number.
    Banned

I hope it doesn't mean battery life will suffer. I'm sitting in the same spot I always do in my bed using my phone where I would get full 4g service on my charge. On my nex I have almost none.

Hope this gets fixed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Hard to beat motorolas radio. I have a galaxy tab for work and a xoom that I own. Side by side the xoom always has 20 - 40 db better reception with wifi and cell. I think that is the reason the xoom gets better battery life too.
    Banned

That might mean an exchange if true.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Sounds to me as though an exchange would not help. The issue seems pretty widespread. Seems as everyone is having the same low signal problem. Just wondering if it could be resolved with a software update or if it is the hardware and in that case it is what it is. No resolution possible. ???

Motorola radios are much better than the Sammy. That's been discussed numerous times. Sucks, but might be worth it.

YourMobileGuru likes this.

Supposedly 4.1 helps the radio more so I am sure when that comes out that should help it for those having issues.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I understand that Motorola radios are better than samsungs. I get that. But if thats true, then why are my Samsung charge and motorola bionic very close as far as signal strength goes but the nexus is not even in the same ballpark. There shouldnt be that much of a difference. Especially since the charge and bionic are very comparable. Moto vs sammy in that comparison. Just seems as though its a issue with the nexus.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Bionic and nexus been side by side all day. Bionic says time without signal 7% . Nexus says time without signal 68% !!! That is just crazy. These phones have been within 10 feet of each other all day. Quite a difference.

Carrier
    Vicious JB V3/ Franco

My Nexus shows less bars than my Rezound or my Charge also. Should be a software fix eventually for it

you have to remember the charge at first was not the best with signal and through updates it got better. The radio can be fixed via software and most likely will see at least one more update to help with signal.

i am on the fringe and i dont pick up a 4g signal. i did get a bar or two with the thunderbolt. Where do you get the db reading at?
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Settings / about phone / status / signal strength

Yeah the Charge had horrible connection issues when it first came out. At least I've been having a stable and consistent signal since I got the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Premium1 likes this.
    nkd

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts

I am in a pretty good 4g area, I will report once I get the phone, because I am coming from a Razr. I am sure if there are radio problems, google will fix it. It is too important of a phone to not be taken care of.

I've definitely noticed a weaker signal compared to my bionic and girlfriends incredible. Hopefully there's a software update to remedy this.

nkd

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts

There was already 3g to 4g transition update from the go, so I am sure there is a reason this phone was delayed. It must have a lot to do with modem.

so like i said i am on the edge of the network so radio signal is very important to me and i got the phone specifically for 4g because i cant get any other internet service either. would you keep the nexus and hope for an update or swap for a moto?
Page 1 of 26 1234 ... LastLast