Calls dropping and auto screen turning

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I've been having some really frequent (almost every time) calls being dropped. Right at the 9-10 minute mark my calls drop. I can hear the other person speaking, but they cant' hear me. It never resolves itself and I always have to call them back.

The second issue is that my screen doesn't seem to automatically adjust properly. Meaning, when I turn my phone for a "widescreen" view, it often takes a long time to do it. I have tried holding it at more of an angle, shaking the phone while it's horizontal, and a number of other weird moves.

Is anyone else having these problems? I'm hoping it's not uncommon, because I really don't want to have to go back to big red again.

Tyegly

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My phone occasionally drops calls and doesn't seem to get the same reception as previous phones. I am not judging this by the signal bars. Those vary from phone to phone. Remember that this is a new phone with a new operating system, a double whammy. I'm guessing (hoping) that signal will be improved with software updates. Even so, it's not terrible for me but I live about a half-hour away from a large city so there's lots of towers in my area.

Have you had an Andriod phone before? If not, know that switching between landscape and portrait is not as fast as other phone types and even varies between Android phones. Android tries to do the best possible job managing user interaction and running apps. Managing apps sometimes slows down user interaction. One area that many people complain about is switching between landscape and portrait. If it is taking 1 or 3 seconds, this is normal. If it's much more than that, maybe you do have an uncommon issue.

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes I experience the same call drop where I can hear the person on the other end and they cannot hear me. I live in a 4G area within city limits. What I experience is that the connection strength bars fluctuate within any location on my phone. They may show two bars one minute and then none the next. I have contacted Verizon about 5 days ago and they are supposed to get back to me. My phone was bought on the day they were available 12-15. Wonder if the hardware has changed yet or not.

rwolcott

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I too have been experiencing the call drop issues but there doesn't seem to be a consistent pattern of occurrence. I have been able to hold a call for up to and hour with no issue, and as little as 5 minutes before dropping. There seems to be a cluster around the 15 minute mark. I can still hear the person on the other end but they cannot hear me. It has happened to a couple of my co workers who also bought the Galaxy Nexus. We all bought them in the first day or two after release. We live in an area with strong 3G coverage (no 4G here yet).