| || |
Google+ and People app issue
So, an annoying issue I'm having with the new People app in ICS. I have the People app setup to only show contacts from my Google Contacts account and NOT display contacts on Google+. It has worked for the most part, except when adding new people to any Google+ circle. They seem to auto-appear in my People list, despite specifically hiding Google+ contacts. The contacts on my Google Contacts account that also have Google+ accounts are synced and shown, meaning I can see their Shares and G+ pics in the People app, but I would like it so that I ONLY see those contacts that are listed in G-Mail, not everyone I have added on G+. (I know this is confusing, I hope people can follow this)
Steps to create:
1. People app is set to ONLY show contacts from G-Mail/Google Contacts. If these people also have Google+ accounts, G+ is synced to their specific contact, so I can see their G+ profile pic/shares directly in the People app.
2. No other person from my Google+ circles is showing.
3. Add a new person to any of my circles. Could be anyone, a celebrity for instance who I obviously don't know and don't have a Contact in G-Mail for.
4. That person will auto-appear in the People app in ICS, despite not wanting or showing Google+ people who I don't have a Contacts page in G-Mail setup for.
5. If I delete the person from the contacts list, it will also delete them from my circles.
Anyway around this? I DO want Google+ synced in the people app, but only for people who I have G-Mail contacts for, not random people I add on G+.