Soft Keys Disappear Randomly

kpoverdorf

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend and I both have the launch day VZW Gnex. I have not had any issues other than the usual, but her soft keys have randomly disappeared a couple times. The only way we have been able to restore them is to restart. Has this happened to anyone else? If so is there a known fix?

P.S. she is not rooted and has no non-market place apps if that matters.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Disappeared more than the times they're supposed to? (during videos)

Does the screen move down when it happens?

Are there dots on its place like when you use the camera?

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Never had this happen to me when i didn't expect it to. I have it happen when i watch movies and some apps turn them into dots like mentioned above. Never had them disappear for good and have to reboot. If it keeps happening i would reset the phone to see if that helps.

Blitzdroid

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
The softkey disappear on a 3rd party app I downloaded.

The fix was to lock the screen. Then when unlocking, instead of sliding to the right, slide to the left to the camera icon. This will then open the camera app and my soft keys reappear. Then I went to settings and force stop the app.

TexTreo

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I have had this happen a handful of times as well. For me, just rotating the device to landscape causes them to reappear.

kpoverdorf

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The keys disappear and the app occupies that area of the screen. I will try all the suggestions mentioned. It barely ever happens so I may not get to try these fixes for a bit. Resetting the phone is a last resort as she will not want to set everything back up again. Thank you for all the quick responses.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

smitty24

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Happened to me once - Im running AOKP Nightly 14 from roman - just rebooted and everything was fine. Not sure what the cause was.

kpoverdorf

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yea. She will be doing something very simple like switching between apps and the keys will disappear. She reboots and all is well for a good amount of time. Like days or weeks. But the behavior is very inconsistent and I'm not always there when she is using her phone obviously, so I have no way to know the actual frequency of the issue or what could be causing it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2