Where's the Google Calendar?

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, the title is a little misleading. My wife and I both have GN. She says to me, "hey I need to download a Calendar app." I say, "it's built in."

She opens Calendar. But, it's not linked to her Google Calendar. I look in Settings > Accounts & Sync > Click on her email address. Sure enough there's no "Sync Calendar". There's a "Sync Books," "Sync Browser," "Sync Contacts," "Sync Gmail," "Sync Google Photos," "Sync Google+" but NO Calendar.

Funny thing is that I added MY account to her phone and my account has a "Sync Calendar" check box. So, it would appear, that she can connect to my calendar but not her own.

Now, get this. On my GN I've just added her account to my phone. Guess what? There's a Sync Calendar option to HER calendar. The calendar that she can't get on her own phone!

What gives?

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I havent Heard of this before. have you tried removing her account on her phone and adding it back on? May just be a glitch

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I was curious about this, too when I got my Nexus. I just deleted my sync-account from my Nexus and added it again. After that the calendar sync was available in the Account&Sync options and it synced properly. Don't worry, your apps won't delete.

Reactions: TabGuy

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I thought about deleting/re-adding but was concerned because it warns about killing all the email on the device. I'll give this a try tonight when I get home.

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I thought about deleting/re-adding but was concerned because it warns about killing all the email on the device. I'll give this a try tonight when I get home.

It will remove all gmail emails on the phone. But when you add the account it will restore the email back on to the phone.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks, I got it working. As suggested by Hooch, I just disconnected and reconnected to her Google account and the calendar showed up.

Thanks for the tip.