Where's the 4.0.3 update?

tdiggitydog

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
4.0.3 custom roms do show that it is a good improvement over 4.0.2, with slight noticeable speed tweeks. Annoyingly, 4.0.3 does not fix the Gnex inability to play 320 kbps MP3 files and VBR MP3 files with the screen turned off.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Dropped signals are my only complaint as well. Is there any credible evidence that 4.0.3 actually addresses signal issues (not just 4G/3G hand-off)? I'm just trying to figure out whether I should sit tight or request an exchange. I keep it it CDMA only most of the time and it still drops.
Yep. For the folks that are already on 4.0.3 are you seeing any improvement when reported as decibels? In other words does the update improve sensitivity of the phone?

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Dropped signals are my only complaint as well. Is there any credible evidence that 4.0.3 actually addresses signal issues (not just 4G/3G hand-off)? I'm just trying to figure out whether I should sit tight or request an exchange. I keep it it CDMA only most of the time and it still drops.

I think you really have to operate under the assumption that the what you have is what you'll have. I haven't heard of anyone getting 'whiz bang' improvements with any of these new radios. I've always said this may be a hardware issue and the more I see the more I think I was right.

I like the phone to much to return or exchange it, so I'll live with it. At least the radio is a lot better than the crappy Charge I once had. Man, if only this phone had the Rezound radio...heaven!

Reactions: sw33tooth

motodunner

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

This is my only complaint as well. At leaet it reconnects within about 30seconds most of the time. Even with that I love this phone and cant see going to anything else.

As I said in another thread, I hope some of the signal issues is due to them getting 4G ready for my area.

BlackLS3

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
This is my only complaint as well. At leaet it reconnects within about 30seconds most of the time. Even with that I love this phone and cant see going to anything else.

As I said in another thread, I hope some of the signal issues is due to them getting 4G ready for my area.

I doubt it's due to a 4G roll-out. The issue seems too widespread, and I live in an area that has had solid 4G coverage for many months, and I'm still dealing with it. I'm hopeful that the .3 update will address it, but I have a feeling that I'm going to be requesting an exchange. It's just strange how it really impacts some of us but yet others have no complaints whatsoever.

motodunner

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I hope .3 does help. I know I am one of the few that has not rooted and is waiting for the pushed update for now. I am just curious if the issue is location, app, radio, or hardware based.

kylebw7

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
on speedtest I just had two bars and only got 58kbps dl :-( My radio has been working fine seemingly but that is absolutely horrid

Moses23

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting for an update (on 4.0.1). In the meantime, I accidentally downloaded spam (from notifications) for a "battery extender app". It didn't install thankfully, but would there be any files remaining on the phone? I don't see anything in MTP, but I want to make sure nothing is on there still. Kinda off topic :/

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any radio issues. I just want to see if this speeds a couple things up. No major issues, just a couple things like the task switcher being slow-ish from time to time.

Fahrenheit

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I must be lucky...I have no signal issues on my GNex. I have full bars at home with -82 dBm signal strength. Even at work, I get 2 bars, no drops. South Denver metro area. Speed test usually runs at 7Mb down and up.

Grawbad

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Didn't AC report that Verizon said that nothing is wrong with the phone. That its just to accurate and that the update will make it less accurate. So basically its going to lie to you to make you feel better, but its OK because all other phones lie already.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty much over the signal issues. Until I start dropping calls I won't really care. What I would love to see is better performance with some of the GUI. For example, live wallpapers are a joke on this phone. And another thing that's irritating is the landscape mode delay and landscape keyboard typing delay.

Those are just a few things that I hope are fixed in either 4.0.3 or upcoming patches.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21