Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By DroidRage79
  • 2 Post By Andrew Ruffolo
  • 1 Post By yosteve
  • 1 Post By pauldroidr2d2
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default visited by the battery life fairy??

I dont know why but over the last 3-4 days my battery life has gotten so much better. I used to average about 5-6 hours from fullly charged to about 10%. Now I'm at work and the phone's been off charge since 6AM and under roughly the same daily usage patterns and (on a very spotty 3G connection in the building I work in, not WiFi) I am still at 51%!! Normally by 11AM I've got it on the charger here at work. I haven't uninstalled any apps or made any system changes. It's almost like the battery-life fairy came and sprinkled some pixie dust on it or something. Bizarre. I got the phone on release day so if there was some sort of 'break-in' or conditioning period I would have thought I was well past it. I'm really thrilled with this development though and honestly dont care if I ever figure out what caused it, I'm just grateful.
    Droid X since 7/16/10 Galaxy Nexus since 12/16/11
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: visited by the battery life fairy??

Mine too... Ive noticed this with all android phones though. After a little bit of use, the battery is calibrated and life improves. Yesterday I forgot my car charger (just came back from a trip) and am in a 4G market. Ended up finishing the day with well over 50% battery life when I put it back on the charger.

I used to do 5-6 hours max and now I do 11-12 hours, I got visited too.
    DroidRage79 likes this.

I'm hoping there is something to that. My first few weeks on the phone got better and better battery life. Then over the weekend I got the extended battery, and my battery life seems to be worse! I am hoping that once I break it in it will get better. I've been running it down to 0 every day and recharging to full, hopefully that will speed it up.

Guess there's always a chance that VZW is making incremental network improvements that allow these 4G critters to not have to continually hunt for 4G.

(Hoping not to jinx 'em!)

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

Maybe the outage of the 4G network a few weeks ago had something to do with the bad battery life? I am about on my 2nd week of owning the GN and battery life has improved.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by DroidRage79 View Post
    I dont know why but over the last 3-4 days my battery life has gotten so much better. I used to average about 5-6 hours from fullly charged to about 10%. Now I'm at work and the phone's been off charge since 6AM and under roughly the same daily usage patterns and (on a very spotty 3G connection in the building I work in, not WiFi) I am still at 51%!! Normally by 11AM I've got it on the charger here at work. I haven't uninstalled any apps or made any system changes. It's almost like the battery-life fairy came and sprinkled some pixie dust on it or something. Bizarre. I got the phone on release day so if there was some sort of 'break-in' or conditioning period I would have thought I was well past it. I'm really thrilled with this development though and honestly dont care if I ever figure out what caused it, I'm just grateful.
    For some reason your thread title brought to mind an image of the Energizer bunny banging his drum flying around with fairy wings. LOL
    DroidRage79 likes this.

ROM
    CM9 (4.0.4)

I tend to doubt that the Android OS is calibrating anything for your particular use of the phone to save power. I'll bet the phone decides what to do at any given instant based on the parameters that are operational at the same instant.