Change out hardware?

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
By hardware I mean the phone itself...

I am one that has been having phone connectivity issues,..dropped calls, I can hear other party they cannot hear me, squelching and clicking noises, people telling me that I sound like I am at the bottom of a 500 foot tin can... etc.
After logging a service call with Verizon and hearing nothing back I called today and they thought perhaps swapping for a new phone would be good since I only have until the 15th (Sunday) to do so.
The person at the Verizon store doubted it would be solved by a hardware swap, and wanted me to wipe the phone, and wait for 4.0.3.
Now I am on the fence.

If I wipe the phone I have to set the whole thing up again the way I like it now. If that does not work and I swap for new hardware I do that all again.:p

Thoughts?

Last edited:

surfacinglove

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've had two hardware swaps now for two different issues. It's not a problem, just get the swap.

Also, I realized that whenever I hold the the phone in my left hand, my pinkie naturally covers the mic at the bottom of the phone/mouthpiece area. I'm wondering if this is the reason for a lot of these call quality issues...

Reactions: willlayb

willlayb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
i had the issue with the microphone clicking on the other end and people saying that they cant hear me. i went into a verizon store and had the same issue with the person. hes like "if i cant prove you have issues i cant help you at all." well that pissed me off so i just said "screw you" and left. luckily i was at the mall so i could do stuff while talking to customer service on the phone about my issues. i told them that i factory reset it...which i did....and they told me yeah we can get you a new phone. i told the dude in technical support just to mark on my account that i can get a new phone when i walk in so i just walked back to the store at the mall to the same guy and then he decided to help me, saw that i could just exchange it and i got a new nexus last night. i mean id take the risk with the new phone cause if i was having all of those issues id be pissed and not be trying to wait for the update. id try a new phone right away

tl;dr: just make sure you have technical support mark on your account that you can exchange it

willlayb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had two hardware swaps now for two different issues. It's not a problem, just get the swap.

Also, I realized that whenever I hold the the phone in my left hand, my pinkie naturally covers the mic at the bottom of the phone/mouthpiece area. I'm wondering if this is the reason for a lot of these call quality issues...

wow...i never noticed that. damn you are smart! how come i could never think of that!?

btw im serious, you just blew my mind

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Yes I am very aware of how I am holding the phone so the mic does not get affected. I used to have to do the same with my previous phone an old kerosine powered LG flip phone:) Thanks for your reply

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc