Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ultravisitor
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Default Facial Recognition

I am curious to know if anyone is actually using this toy and how it is going.

I am using it. Each time it doesn't recognize I go back into the settings to grab more pics to improve its recognition. That seems to be helping quite a bit.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

Default Re: Facial Recognition

yes, sam eway. I did several takes of it and it works most of the time. The only time it doesnt work is in very low light, or blaring sunlight coming in above my head. I suspect that the more you do to improve different face orientations or light, the less secure it becomes.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Something new!

I use it and my experiences are the same. Low light or bright light behind my head cause problems. I wonder if there is a way to go through and weed out bad pics in the database.
    Thanked by:

Tried it for the first week and got sick of waiting for it to process and fail.. Fun while it lasted

I don't use it often, but it works well for me. It's just annoying if I'm walking around and want to check my phone quickly because I have to hold my phone up at arm's length from my face in order to unlock it. I'm too impatient in those situations to wait for it to default to the pattern I set.
    legendarydog likes this.

I use it all the time. I'd say it works most of the time and when it doesn't then I just improve facial recognition.

ROM
    Something new!

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    I don't use it often, but it works well for me. It's just annoying if I'm walking around and want to check my phone quickly because I have to hold my phone up at arm's length from my face in order to unlock it. I'm too impatient in those situations to wait for it to default to the pattern I set.
    For those times that you don't want to wait, If you tap the bottom center of the picture it takes you immediately to the pin/pattern screen and you don't have to wait. That is what I do when I know I'm in a low light area.
    Thanked by:

I use it every time I unlock my phone. It works 90% of the time. And the other ten percent I wouldn't expect it to when its really dark. But its surprised meant times working in low light. Cool feature I use probably twenty times a day.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,725 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I might use it if it wasn't broken. I don't want to have to unlock my phone every time I turn it on. I have the timer set for 30 minutes before locking but it does not apply it. Fix that issue and I would probably use it. It's cool to show off to people. I also show off how it can be unlocked with just a picture of me too... hehe.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    ROM
    Miui v4

I used it for the for about 3 days after launch. I went back to pattern unlock after a friend was able to unlock holding my phone up to my facebook profile pic on his computer.

I use it and think it works 80% of the time.

ROM
    CodeName 1.3.3

I use it all the time. It works about 90% of the time. It's just fun to use. When it wears off I'll go back to just pattern unlock.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by BayRican View Post
    I use it all the time. It works about 90% of the time. It's just fun to use. When it wears off I'll go back to just pattern unlock.

The thing that I dislike about pattern lock is it seems like afternoon awhile you can almost see the marks for patterns.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    I might use it if it wasn't broken. I don't want to have to unlock my phone every time I turn it on. I have the timer set for 30 minutes before locking but it does not apply it. Fix that issue and I would probably use it. It's cool to show off to people. I also show off how it can be unlocked with just a picture of me too... hehe.
    I haven't experienced that.

ROM
    Stock

Worked great for me in good to moderate lighting. In low lighting, I hit the lock symbol and it takes you to the pin immediately.

ROM
    CodeName 1.3.3

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    The thing that I dislike about pattern lock is it seems like afternoon awhile you can almost see the marks for patterns.

Very true my brother got in to my phone a few times. just using the smudges on the screen. That's why I took off my screen protector now I just wipe my screen clean alot . We need something better.

Thanked by: