Gallery photos clarity

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
When I look at photos in my gallery it displays a photo but then takes a second to sharpen the photo. Anyone else see this?

Its annoying as it looks like lag flipping through photos.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Yep. That's normal. On my Incredible, it didn't actually sharpen until you zoomed in on the pic. If you just looked at the zoomed out photo, it looked really fuzzy.

Reactions: xweb10

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
It happens everywhere. Even on a desktop computer, if you have a slow internet connection while looking at Facebook or picasa photos, it will blur for a moment first.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
What bothers me is after i take the photo, then tap on it so I get a preview (with the ability to send it) it is really bright and crisp, then if I tap it again to go to the gallery to see all my photos, it dims way down...
Is that just because the initial previous is at max brightness?
thanx
Danny

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
From a software programmers point of view, he has to options...
write the software to open the photo at full resolution immediately, which could take 2-3 seconds, or open a preview (low res) almost instantly, and then the full res a few seconds later...
The processing power isnt good enough to open full res instantly...

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Is that just because the initial previous is at max brightness?
Danny

Yep. That's part of the camera app, so it is max (or at least close to max) brightness. When you click through, you end up in the gallery, and it switches back to your preferred brightness for all other apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance